Contribute
Register

Intel NUC DC3217IYE & OS X 10.8.2 SUCCESS

Status
Not open for further replies.
A third choice, Thunderbolt Ethernet adapter, Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter - Apple Store (U.S.) or similar.

Oh yeah, had that in my Windows NUC thread over on Anandtech - here are some notes for installing the Apple Tbolt to GigE adapter under Windows as well:

http://store.apple.com/us/question/...A99XFCKHD274UUDXXXFHKKDTXH22K9UT99TATKCDUTTY7

I just can't get over how cool these little things are...really anxious to get some free time & try out FCPX, Plex, etc. Blows my mind I can get over 400MB/s with that tiny SSD!

will this be able to drive a 46 inch tv? for like an HTPC?

will this be able to drive a 46 inch tv? for like an HTPC?

Yup. I've got Windows 7 on my test drive right now, and I plugged it into a 23" 1080p HDMI monitor and played back a 1080p Youtube clip full-screen without a hitch. The HD4000 is roughly equivalent to a 9500GT:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...-right-now-hierarchy-chart-toms-hardware.html

I have more testing to do (FCPX etc, curious about real-world performance), but so far all signs are looking real good! Over on the SageTV forum, they tested XBMC out with a Bluray rip and it played back full 1080p with 7.1 surround-sound (iirc OSX only supports 5.1 out).

now i'm really having the urge to pick one of these up....

Is there any advantage to one of these over a real Mac Mini? It seams that they are comparable in price after loading with the same features.

Is there any advantage to one of these over a real Mac Mini? It seams that they are comparable in price after loading with the same features.
Size and/or power consumption? Other than that I don't see anything too radically different. No 1394 or USB 3.0 options aside from using a thunderbolt adapter. You're limited by the amount of storage based on mSATA.

Anybody know if ThunderBolt version works? especially thunderbolt port?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back