Contribute
Register

Intel Nuc 2.0 (Broadwell)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have much working, but the graphics is at least identifying my 5i5ryhe as using Intel HD Graphics 6000. It says no kext, so maybe not injected? It does list Device ID:0x1626 and Revision ID:0x0009. So maybe you just needed to count up a little more to 0x16260009?

The screen looks ok, but doesn't seem that fast, and leaves artifacts around sometimes. The mouse was sluggish, but I fixed that by making the mouse tracking as fast as it can go. No Ethernet yet, so can't hook up a wireless access point, no audio, and I need the USB install to boot up, so a lot of fixes to do. I installed the 10.10.3 and newest multibeast, but needs to be redone.

Attached is my EFI.
Works on my 5i3ryh. Technically will also work on other broadwell NUC
good graphics
no bt/wifi

Hope this thing can help you out
View attachment EFI.zip

Attached is my EFI.
Works on my 5i3ryh. Technically will also work on other broadwell NUC
good graphics
no bt/wifi

Hope this thing can help you out
View attachment 135954

Thanks for this, but still no go. The i3 model seems to come with HD5500 whereas the i5 one has the HD6000.

So, do you get accelerated graphics? Fast redraws and such? Also, is your mouse quick to respond? My mouse cursor movement is slow as heck, and I'm wondering if that's due to unaccelerated graphics or a separate problem.

And what did you set your video ram to in the bios?

S

I said the information is possibiy not in there. This is another area where work needs to be done, checking the hardware in detail, seeing what matches with the exisiting Apple hardware and what needs to be added.

I cant really do a lot of that myself since I dont have one of the new NUC's here; Im waiting for the new i7 model without the built in wifi since that best suits my needs; I also think it will be the most compatible model to hackintosh.

Looking at the hardware overall, I reckon once we get one of them up and running, it should be straight forward to adapt to the other models.

:thumbup:

When is intel releasing the i7 NUC cuz I read it was for Q2 but I wanted the date.. cuz we are already in Q2 -.-

Ty for the info excellent site I didn't know it :$

You're welcome, that's the best online review that I've seen. Looks like a very powerful
mini - pc. It will be interesting to see how hot it gets or how much noise it makes during
intensive usage. We'll have to wait until Wonkey D. gets one and tests it out.

I would recommend going for a Gigabyte Brix instead, since it is recommended on this website. Those integrated graphics most likely won't work, the processor might not even work either seeing it's a 5th gen not a 4th gen Haswell. The internet won't work, and it's soldered down, I wouldn't take the risk. It's a big, and when I say big I mean giant, stretch to say it might just work. Again, look at the Brix recommended on this website as it is confirmed to work.

The update and also the macbook is running broad well and the intergrated graphics is working good sorry can't show i sold my broadwell long time ago because my f friend works at Intel

You're welcome, that's the best online review that I've seen. Looks like a very powerful
mini - pc. It will be interesting to see how hot it gets or how much noise it makes during
intensive usage. We'll have to wait until Wonkey D. gets one and tests it out.

The issue with most (But not all) of these new NUC's is that they have soldered down Intel wifi cards. And therein lies the problem. You can not use the built-in wifi, neither can you add your own (internal) one since there is no slot for it. Sure a usb wifi dongle would do the trick, but for me, that would look ugly and also take up a precious usb connector, unless you use some kind of usb hub which starts to defeat the whole purpose of the NUC.

The MYHE models differ in this respect, but I am reluctant just yet for 3 reasons :

1. None of the MYHE models match any current Apple hardware. This is not 100% essential but ideal.
2. The second slot in the MYHE models is not mPcie, and would therefore need an M.2 wifi card (As opposed to mPcie). The only mainstream one currently available is made by Intel, and is not compatible.
3. There is no Core i7 MYHE version out in the wild yet.

Intel have been as quiet as Apple regarding point 3.

We do know there are more i7 models due out, but as to when and what spec, well its anybodys guess right now.

You could theoretically get one of the existing ones running, by disabling the built-in wifi chip, adding a usb wifi dongle, picking a hardware spec that is the closest matching to what Apple currently has on offer. Fore me personally though, it is too much compromise overall, and I would rather wait until something a little more compatible is released.

Even newer generation Brix and similar models may work better than the NUC's; it is only a matter of time before they follow suit.

:)

Would've been really great if Apple had used those Intel 7265 wireless AC cards in the next
gen Broadwell Macs but as usual we've always got challenges to overcome for a fully working
Customac. The I7 MYHE model NUC, if it ever is actually released, looks like the best performer of
any of the mini-pcs for a Customac, let's hope that Intel is smart enough produce one of those. :)

You can add 1866 MHz ram up to 16 GB and a PCI-e x4 SSD, that's some real desktop performance
from the tiny NUC form factor. I'm still waiting to see what happens as well. The Brix I5 looks good
but I also want to see if Intel comes through on the I7 MYHE release. May be Christmas in June /July
if that happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back