Contribute
Register

Intel Nuc 2.0 (Broadwell)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone trying 10.10.4 beta 2 or Capitan 10.11 with new NUC i7?

Beta software is not allowed to discuss in tonymac, beware or you will be banned.

Do you get QE/CI with 10.10.3, but got crash after a few minutes?

Beta software is not allowed to discuss in tonymac, beware or you will be banned.

Do you get QE/CI with 10.10.3, but got crash after a few minutes?

MAC show my i7 like i5. I think it is according to my SMBIOS settings.

nguyenmac,

Any update since being graphics problem free using 0x16260006
?
If still free any chance you could zip up your efi tree or is that the only diff you have from the one that was
previously posted?

thanks

Does someone has built а hackintosh based on Intel NUC5i7RYH mini PC ( i7-5557U, up to 16 DDR L3 RAM, Iris Graphics 6100 ) ? Success :?::?::?:

No crashing whatsoever. My NUC has been up for well over a week or more. I've watched plenty of Netflix, Youtube, Amazon Prime Video, VLC for 1080p videos, etc. No crash.

The artifacts I mentioned are extremely trivial. I noticed that whenever I click on a menu option (example, File) and the fly menu appears, I see that between the top menu line and the menu pane, I see a little flicker in the gap.

I don't know if that's because of some glitch from the HD6000 or due to a minor bug in Yosemite. Thought it may materialize into something bad (like a crash) but it hasn't affected anything so far.

S

I am using the same NUC as yours.
I installed the Yosemite via clover with UEFI only.

After installation:
1. sudo newfs_msdos -v EFI -F 32 /dev/disk0s1
2. Installed clover again.
3. Copied the EFI/CLOVER you attached into /Volumes/EFI/EFI/.

No more modification.

But the display solution is strange, should be 1680x1050 but looks like only be 1024x768.(DP convertor attaching to a VGA monitor)

and LAN connection is also not found.

May I know how you connect the NUC to other devices and the internet?

Thanks.

Wonkey - I'm ready to reboot my Hackintosh efforts after failing somewhat miserably trying to make things work with a D34010WYK back in March. This time I'm around I'm trying to buy the best hardware for the job before getting underway. Been reading a lot here, wanted to get your most current opinion about hardware that's readily available today.

My personal preferences:
  • Path of least resistance with least amount of fiddling is highly valued.
  • I'd prefer to be on a Broadwell NUC.
  • Wifi is not that important to me, but GigE definitely is.

In Post #8 here, you did a really nice job of comparing the NUC models vs. Apple hardware. Based on this, it seemed like the NUC5i5RYK and NUC5i5RYH were closest to the current MacBook Airs (same CPU and Graphics).

If I'm not mistaken, other posts I've read on the forums here indicate you prefer the "MYHE" models, because of the ability to put in a compatible third party wifi card. But unless I'm mistaken, at present, all of the current MYHE have HD5500 Graphics, which no Apple hardware does today (and likely won't). I'm leaning towards NUC5i5RYK or NUC5i5RYH but before I buy anything I'd really love your opinion. I promise to post all of my results and contribute.

Thanks again for all of your effort and support!

P.S.: In case you were wondering, my D34010WYK is now a perfectly happy dual boot Windows 8.1 / Windows 10 preview box that lives in a conference room. It really is a great little piece of hardware, much faster than I ever expected it to be.

I am using the same NUC as yours.
I installed the Yosemite via clover with UEFI only.

After installation:
1. sudo newfs_msdos -v EFI -F 32 /dev/disk0s1
2. Installed clover again.
3. Copied the EFI/CLOVER you attached into /Volumes/EFI/EFI/.

No more modification.

But the display solution is strange, should be 1680x1050 but looks like only be 1024x768.(DP convertor attaching to a VGA monitor)

and LAN connection is also not found.

May I know how you connect the NUC to other devices and the internet?

Thanks.

I did not do steps 1 and 2. I don't know if they caused problems, but certainly are not necessary.

I too am using DP, but directly, since the monitor I'm using has DP connection. Perhaps there's problem going from DP to VGA. I'm not sure about that.

The NUC uses Intel I218-V GbE. I just used Multibeast to install the latest Intel GbE kext, and it worked fine. The NIC showed up under System Preferences -> Network like this:

Screen Shot 2015-06-27 at 4.46.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-06-27 at 4.50.11 PM.png

Hope this helps

S

Attached is my EFI.
Works on my 5i3ryh. Technically will also work on other broadwell NUC
good graphics
no bt/wifi

Hope this thing can help you out
View attachment 135954

I am struggling a bit here. I downloaded your zip, but it hangs right at the start of verbose. Any way to contact you directly for help? Have exact same NUC. :crazy:

Thank you, sosurim!!

let me try again later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back