<key>Skip</key>
                <integer>0</integer>
                <key>TableLength</key>
                <integer>0</integer>
                <key>TableSignature</key>
                <data></data>
            </dict>

you should also carry on finishing the usb setup guide:
@Feartech .. tnx.. for your help.. how can see if my gpu now work ok?

@Feartech .. tnx.. for your help.. how can see if my gpu now work ok?
1.jpg

As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

how can disable opencore-2021-10-31-124052.txt???

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-10-31 at 13.51.36.png
    Screenshot 2021-10-31 at 13.51.36.png
    9 MB · Views: 64
you are missing the aml file that goes with this rename:
Code:
<dict>
                <key>Base</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>BaseSkip</key>
                <integer>0</integer>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>GPRW to XPRW</string>
                <key>Count</key>
                <integer>0</integer>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <true/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>R1BSVwI=</data>
                <key>Limit</key>
                <integer>0</integer>
                <key>Mask</key>
                <data></data>
                <key>OemTableId</key>
                <data></data>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>WFBSVwI=</data>
                <key>ReplaceMask</key>
                <data></data>
                <key>Skip</key>
                <integer>0</integer>
                <key>TableLength</key>
                <integer>0</integer>
                <key>TableSignature</key>
                <data></data>
            </dict>

you should also carry on finishing the usb setup guide:

@Feartech can u expl. me something.. please… with this usb port confi. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...to-usb-port-configuration.286553/post-2029768. i config also ThunderBolt?? Please.. can u explained me

@zavrus please help me.. whic ACPI/ssdt u use for thunderbold?

I am happy to report that after updating to the latest AppleALC 1.6.6 (alcid=24) as well as Lilu and Whatevergreen today, both back ports on my NUC10i7 - USB-C and HDMI - work simultaneously and I can now freely switch between audio between both monitors, plug and replug without breaking sound. The USB-C in the front does not give a signal though. I'm not sure whether it does in Windows, I have yet to check.

I would still like to learn what the FakePCIID kext does patch? And whether it's possible to translate the hdmi-audiofix plist to a "proper" OpenCore patch? Where would I start reading? I can't seem to find anything in the OpenCore docs.

I've attached my EFI folder. Note that I use a Broadcom card in the M2 slot, so there are no itlwm/bt drivers.

{Edit} After posting this yesterday, I updated to Monterey. I keep getting crashes around com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.9), see the attached crash log. I went back to this EFI >> https://github.com/hackintosh-efi/intel-nuc10 >> and just updated applealc, whatevergreen and lilu, setting the alcid to 24. I will test this version now, see if it still crashes. I was using mostly the generic ssdts.

{Edit2} Nope, still crashing. What does the crash log point to? This is my 4th Hackintosh, but my knowledge is still very limited. Thank you.

Attachments

• 2021-11-02 EFI_NUC10I7.zip
    10.8 MB · Views: 70
  • 2021-11-03_nuc10i7_crash.txt
    3.1 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
I am happy to report that after updating to the latest AppleALC 1.6.6 (alcid=24) as well as Lilu and Whatevergreen today, both back ports on my NUC10i7 - USB-C and HDMI - work simultaneously and I can now freely switch between audio between both monitors, plug and replug without breaking sound. The USB-C in the front does not give a signal though. I'm not sure whether it does in Windows, I have yet to check.

I would still like to learn what the FakePCIID kext does patch? And whether it's possible to translate the hdmi-audiofix plist to a "proper" OpenCore patch? Where would I start reading? I can't seem to find anything in the OpenCore docs.

I've attached my EFI folder. Note that I use a Broadcom card in the M2 slot, so there are no itlwm/bt drivers.

{Edit} After posting this yesterday, I updated to Monterey. I keep getting crashes around com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.9), see the attached crash log. I went back to this EFI >> https://github.com/hackintosh-efi/intel-nuc10 >> and just updated applealc, whatevergreen and lilu, setting the alcid to 24. I will test this version now, see if it still crashes. I was using mostly the generic ssdts.

{Edit2} Nope, still crashing. What does the crash log point to? This is my 4th Hackintosh, but my knowledge is still very limited. Thank you.
Bravo

I don't have an NUC10 anymore but had the same issue on my NUC8 after updating to Monterey. I turned out it was the FakePCI kexts you mention that seemed to be the issue. Turn them off in you config.plist and see if it helps, you can also see if audio still functions the same or at least in some acceptable fashion.

I don't have an NUC10 anymore but had the same issue on my NUC8 after updating to Monterey. I turned out it was the FakePCI kexts you mention that seemed to be the issue. Turn them off in you config.plist and see if it helps, you can also see if audio still functions the same or at least in some acceptable fashion.
I still have a NUC8i7BEH as well; I might try doing an update there in a week or two, just to check.
In the meantime, I reinstalled Big Sur on the NUC10, and it's working well now.
Still would like to learn about what that FakePCIID thing DOES exactly. Turning it off leads to non-working audio.

Even after updating AppleALC.kext? I used VoodooHDA.kext instead but there can be issues with it and Big Sur

Back