Contribute
Register

Intel NUC 10 Frost Canyon

Oh.. it helps.. I can boot in with both cable connected. However, I have another issue where my extended monitor becomes black screen. I have to replug the cable to turn on the display again. Is it fixable issue or is it a common issue?
It can be tricky to fix and the cause can be related to the model monitor itself, the monitor settings and or the cable you are using. If you have resolved it's none of those issues then you can try and fiddle with the device ID and connector settings using Hackintool. If you are using the EFI folder linked below it looks like that's already done for you, see the attached image for what I am referring to.

Connector Settings.png

I have use the devic
It can be tricky to fix and the cause can be related to the model monitor itself, the monitor settings and or the cable you are using. If you have resolved it's none of those issues then you can try and fiddle with the device ID and connector settings using Hackintool. If you are using the EFI folder linked below it looks like that's already done for you, see the attached image for what I am referring to.

View attachment 524862
I have use the device properties from the above.
Not sure how to setup monitor model and also evaluate cable. After booting in, I can use the extended monitor after unplug and repugnant back. I actually suspecting that cable is the issue. However, I dont have another cable to test on the typec to hdmi.

I have use the devic

I have use the device properties from the above.
Not sure how to setup monitor model and also evaluate cable. After booting in, I can use the extended monitor after unplug and repugnant back. I actually suspecting that cable is the issue. However, I dont have another cable to test on the typec to hdmi.
You would need another monitor or cable to test if its hardware related.

You would need another monitor or cable to test if its hardware related.
The weird thing here is, if I unplug the primary monitor and boot with one monitor, the system works well. No need to unplug and replug the cable.

The weird thing here is, if I unplug the primary monitor and boot with one monitor, the system works well. No need to unplug and replug the cable.
Not wierd at all and not a new issue in general although I don’t recall anyone reporting it about the NUC10. The 8 model multiple times that was posted about, other platforms as well. Cures for it varies from hardware to display settings as I mentioned before. The simplest fix is not to plug in the second monitor until after it boots but that’s much more a work around and not exactly convenient.

Last edited:
Not wierd at all and not a new issue in general although I don’t recall anyone reporting it about the NUC10. The 8 model multiple times that was posted about, other platforms as well. Cures for it varies from hardware to display settings as I mentioned before. The simplest fix is not to plug in the second monitor until after it boots but that’s much more a work around and not exactly convenient.
Yah.. was searching around and there are a lot of ways to tweak. I'm still trying to see which is working. Thanks for the information. I saw some which is saying after update OS and it fails to work. Hoping that this is not the actual issue for mine.

Okay, I understand what you are saying now, not sure why that would happen unless there is something wrong on Apple's end with the file
Anyone has success with macOS Catalina Security Update 2021-003 on NUC?
I have the same problem with Security Update 2021-004…
May be I'll try the standalone installer for macOS Catalina Security Update 2021-003 :/

so I finally got my Nvidia 1070 working on TB3 Razer Core x High Sierra 10.13.6 on Nuc 10. MacMini8,1 can't seem to get my Nvidia HDMI Sound out working but its ok as I got the speakers sleep working all with the help of you good folks on this forum I now seem to have a good setup.thanks to all.....
Screenshot .png

Last edited:
Thanks for the work! Currently, i'm using this repo: https://github.com/hackintosh-efi/intel-nuc10 and just getting my feet wet with Hackintosh.

I would like to try your repo because of the GPU improvements but I have an i7 nuc. I read that I need to enable CPU emulation in order to make it work. What steps are involved in doing that and making your repo work on i7?

Sorry if this has been awnsered before :p

I tried this EFI and it works better than the one I had. Nice! Thanks!

I started from scratch again since I been having issues here and there with Catalina. Did a fresh install 10.15.7 (19H15), use this EFI and it booted with no issues.

With my previous, custom EFI (I grab a couple of EFI in this post since way back last year)...I had two issues mostly: Never was able to get my eGPU Radeon 5700 via TB3 and SD card to work...I'll test those with this EFI..

Again, thanks for the link!! Good stuff!!

Anyone has success with macOS Catalina Security Update 2021-003 on NUC?
I have the same problem with Security Update 2021-004…
May be I'll try the standalone installer for macOS Catalina Security Update 2021-003 :/
I've tried the standalone installer but the result is exactly the same :(

Back