Contribute
Register

Intel NUC 10 Frost Canyon

Hey Amigos, i have an Intel nuck 10th gen with an i7 cpu.

i installed macos big sur 11.4 , also could manage to get wifi and bluetooth to work.

Following Trouble still occure:
1.My integrated SD-card reader seems not to work
2. After doin a Geekbenchmark (single score:1148 Multicore:4861) i realised that my Cpu is only working with the Base frequency of 1,6GHZ, is there any posibility to let the cpu drive always with 4,0 GHZ?
the range of this Cpu is going from 1,1GHZ - 4,7 GHZ

THanks for your help bros =)
There are kexts that may or may not enable the SD-Card reader, I've attached an example. Users that have tried report odd behaviour, cannot boot with a card installed.
Meanwhile your geekbench scores are consistent with this device, you can go back several posts and see. Because CPU Emulation is needed to allow the device to boot it can't function natively and is likely the reason. This is also mentioned here several times. #743

Attachments

• Sinetek-rtsx.kext.zip
    55.5 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
There are kexts that may or may not enable the SD-Card reader, I've attached an example. Users that have tried report odd behaviour, cannot boot with a card installed.
Meanwhile your geekbench scores are consistent with this device, you can go back several posts and see. Because CPU Emulation is needed to allow the device to boot it can't function natively and is likely the reason. This is also mentioned here several times. #743
Thank you bro
i tried to read /search about the cpu behaviour, but 73 pages is a lot and i didn't had so much time, sorry for that.

Would you say that that the score is okay? It seems slightly better than the minimac 2018, but i wanted to get closer to the new m1 :/

Wish ya a good day

I've

Now, i've update my EFI, that work super stabile.
TB work fine in HOTPLUG, and eGPU now is support.
iGPU is fixed, and now the audio are support for all port HDMI/TB/DP.

Let me know for any problems.
Could you share the updated files? :)

Thank you bro
i tried to read /search about the cpu behaviour, but 73 pages is a lot and i didn't had so much time, sorry for that.

Would you say that that the score is okay? It seems slightly better than the minimac 2018, but i wanted to get closer to the new m1 :/

Wish ya a good day
It’s comparable, did you see the link I posted that shows a benchmark comparison between the NUC8 and the NUC10? The CPU emulation requirement has a negative impact on the NUC10, no where near an M1 chip performance for sure.

The updated files you are looking for are on his GitHub page he has linked in back pages. Just follow his posts and you will get there.
He has almost the same scores as you

It’s comparable, did you see the link I posted that shows a benchmark comparison between the NUC8 and the NUC10? The CPU emulation requirement has a negative impact on the NUC10, no where near an M1 chip performance for sure.

The updated files you are looking for are on his GitHub page he has linked in back pages. Just follow his posts and you will get there.
He has almost the same scores as you
Thanks a lot,
yeh i saw the post but thaught it wouldnt be up 2 date :)
Hmm i ordered a barebonepc with an i5 10500 just for testing reasons and i will decide after which setup will fit my needs :)

Hi there
I am new to this forum, I have my new NUC10 i7 version from China.
It was modded with BMC943602CS WiFi and BT card.

May I know how I can start with install macOS ? Which version is working great on my hardware? Thanks a lot

Hi there
I am new to this forum, I have my new NUC10 i7 version from China.
It was modded with BMC943602CS WiFi and BT card.

May I know how I can start with install macOS ? Which version is working great on my hardware? Thanks a lot
Please see attached post here for a working EFI folder for Big Sur. Unfortunately accelerated graphics are not attainable with this generation NUC, lots of posts before this talking about why.

Hi, I'm new here.
Wonder if anyone face issue booting while the thunderbolt is connected to a display?
i have 2 display connected to my NUC. however, it stucks after the apple boot and become black screen.
however, the system able to boot properly when i remove the thunderbolt display cable.
i tried a few EFI from this forum. All fail booting while the thunderbolt display is plugged in.

Hi, I'm new here.
Wonder if anyone face issue booting while the thunderbolt is connected to a display?
i have 2 display connected to my NUC. however, it stucks after the apple boot and become black screen.
however, the system able to boot properly when i remove the thunderbolt display cable.
i tried a few EFI from this forum. All fail booting while the thunderbolt display is plugged in.
In the bios under Security how do you have Thunderbolt set? Disable it if its on and see if that helps

In the bios under Security how do you have Thunderbolt set? Disable it if its on and see if that helps

Oh.. it helps.. I can boot in with both cable connected. However, I have another issue where my extended monitor becomes black screen. I have to replug the cable to turn on the display again. Is it fixable issue or is it a common issue?

Back