Contribute
Register

Intel NUC 10 Frost Canyon

@pierpaolo2395 it seems that using AppleALC.kext is not working with HDMI or USB-C cable to monitors.
Only VoodooHDA.kext works, check some pages ago, it is explained (also which audio-id to use).
I cannot help you further as I have given up. But check https://github.com/hackintosh-efi/intel-nuc10 as @Dennis_Womack posted some pages ago. The answers are here, mate, just go back in time :D

With NUC8 there was the option to use FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_HDMI_Audio.kext and I have audio via digital outputs. But this kext doesn't even load in NUC10 let alone Big Sur :(

@pierpaolo2395 it seems that using AppleALC.kext is not working with HDMI or USB-C cable to monitors.
Only VoodooHDA.kext works, check some pages ago, it is explained (also which audio-id to use).
I cannot help you further as I have given up. But check https://github.com/hackintosh-efi/intel-nuc10 as @Dennis_Womack posted some pages ago. The answers are here, mate, just go back in time :D

With NUC8 there was the option to use FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_HDMI_Audio.kext and I have audio via digital outputs. But this kext doesn't even load in NUC10 let alone Big Sur :(
From your photo it is clear that the monitor is connected correctly and sees the Audio part.
Is your DELL connected via usbC?
I started your EFI, but my NUC10 still can't see the audio part of my monitor.
My monitor is connected with the DisplayPort-USBC port.

Please, help me

I am sorry but you must have mixed me with somebody else. Again. Please have a look in the previous pages how to use VoodooHDA.kext instead of AppleHDA.kext.

I do not use sound, as mentioned, I gave up trying.

First, thank you for the wonderful work that has been done to make the NUC10 quite a NUCintosh! For me, there is basically only one little niggle left to be worked out, and I'm wondering whether anyone here might have some insights.

I'm using my NUC (10i5FNH) with the 5k display LG Ultrafine 27MD5KA-B and it works flawlessly with full resolution (5120x2880) including speakers and mic. However, after booting, I have to un- and replug the Thunderbolt-connector for the internal speakers (and mic, I guess...) to work. After sleep, even un- and replugging won't help, I have to restart the NUC there (workaround: don't let the NUC sleep, just switch off the display). Any ideas?

First, thank you for the wonderful work that has been done to make the NUC10 quite a NUCintosh! For me, there is basically only one little niggle left to be worked out, and I'm wondering whether anyone here might have some insights.

I'm using my NUC (10i5FNH) with the 5k display LG Ultrafine 27MD5KA-B and it works flawlessly with full resolution (5120x2880) including speakers and mic. However, after booting, I have to un- and replug the Thunderbolt-connector for the internal speakers (and mic, I guess...) to work. After sleep, even un- and replugging won't help, I have to restart the NUC there (workaround: don't let the NUC sleep, just switch off the display). Any ideas?
Hi @franzb ,
if you attached your EFI here, i check this, for the sleep problem!
I reattach the EFI correct that work fine!
also, i could add you the Card Reader that work fine ;)

Last edited:
Hi @devildothack are you still using VoodooHDA.kext with your NUC10 i7, mate? Via HDMI?

@pierpaolo2395 is in absolute need for digital audio to work... can you possibly share for him your latest EFI folder?
I remember I had downloaded your 0.6.3 EFI zip and you were using VoodooHDA with layout-id declared as HAAAAA==

@NCMacGuy as you have (or had?) a NUC10 i5, do you still use VoodooHDA too, mate? Your older shared 0.6.2 OC zip (Catalina) had evidence of it, and you used alcid=28 in the Boot Arguments... is it still the case? Via HDMI?

Is anyone else using with recent OpenCore and Big Sur the VoodooHDA.kext approach guys?

@pierpaolo2395 I cannot help you further than this. Please go back to previous pages around December-January and you will find there the ZIPs I am referring to, above.

Last edited:
Hi @devildothack are you still using VoodooHDA.kext mate with your NUC10 i7?

@pierpaolo2395 is in absolute need for digital audio to work... can you possibly share for him your latest EFI folder?
I remember I had downloaded your 0.6.3 EFI zip and you were using VoodooHDA with
layout-id declared as HAAAAA==

@NCMacGuy as you have (or had?) a NUC10 i5, do you still use VoodooHDA too, mate? Your older shared 0.6.2 OC zip (Catalina) had evidence of it, and you used alcid=28 in the Boot Arguments... is it still the case?

Is anyone else using with recent OpenCore and Big Sur the VoodooHDA.kext approach guys?

@pierpaolo2395 I cannot help you further than this. Please go back to previous pages around December-January and you will find there the ZIPs I am referring to, above.

@konsti I had never released EFI until now.

I have tried with both VoodooHDA and alcid= 28 on AppleALC but without success.

the Thunderbolt does not detect the audio part of my monitor.

I await @franzb if he can publish his EFI so I can fix it and try the audio part that seems to work.

I finally managed to solve the problem.

now the Thunderbolt is working correctly; the display detects the audio part by disconnecting and reconnecting the cable!

if anyone is available to solve the problem of unrecognized PCI parts ..

hi, I'm starting Intel NUC10 I7 with dual monitors
Monitor 1: HDMI
Monitor 2: thunderbolt

when the computer starts with two monitors, I get a green screen on one monitor and the second one does not start and I have to forcefully shut down the pc if instead I connect the second monitor after it works.

I have attached my editorial folder, the rest works perfectly

Attachments

• EFI NUCi7.zip
    28.8 MB · Views: 148
I finally managed to solve the problem.
now the Thunderbolt is working correctly; the display detects the audio part by disconnecting and reconnecting the cable!
if anyone is available to solve the problem of unrecognized PCI parts ..
Well done but what do you mean unrecognised PCI parts? Devices? What is unrecognised in your IORegistry? Your feedback would be welcome for us to understand... and are you using AppleALC or VoodooHDA? This hot-plugging of the cable is for me a little worrisome... I can't plug in and out all the time just for sound... What is your "Thunderbolt Security" setting in BIOS? Is it "Legacy"?

Thanks for always providing some details, everyone :) Will avoid flooding the thread with basic questions :lol:

Back