Contribute
Register

Intel NUC 10 Frost Canyon

Sure, here it is. I had issues with the AppleALC. Sometimes it will work perfectly (using headphones) and sometimes the sound will crack, sound distorted. I would reboot and it will fix the issue but sometimes it wouldn't. It seem to happen randomly. So I disable it and using VoodooHDA, works perfectly for me now.

Also sometimes when I shutdown, the computer restarts instead so I had to hold the power button until it fully shutdowns. Besides this, everything else works.

What version of OC is this? What version of BIOS?

Hi everyone, happy new year! Seems no one has knowledge on this so that to reply to my CPU ID question posted some time ago... Are you all using a CPU ID replacement in OC config?

It seems that I cannot boot (get past the OpenCore preboot "matrix" screen) if I don't use some CPU emulation. I can only boot as iMac20,1 or Macmini8,1 with some CPU emulated, otherwise it fails. Is this the same for you, too? I think the Core i7 model has this need/issue.

Moreover, I tried very much to find out more information about the CPU ID emulated, could only find just ONE reference and that's the one I will stick to: "For CPU i7-10710 use CPU IDs 0x0806EC or 0x0806EB to solve it for now, even 0x0806ED works". So:

<data>7AYIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA==</data> is 0xec060800000000000000000000000000 in HEX and references 0x0806EC apparently to Intel Core i5-10210U (Comet Lake). Source: http://yamatyuu.net/computer/program/vc2013/cpuidview/index.html

<data>6wYIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA==</data> is 0xeb060800000000000000000000000000 in HEX but cannot find any reference to a CPU model/generation...

Anyone knows why we need to absolutely fake CPU on i7 model and b) where can we find a list of ALL CPU IDs?
Thank you again!

Hi everyone, happy new year! Seems no one has knowledge on this so that to reply to my CPU ID question posted some time ago... Are you all using a CPU ID replacement in OC config?

Thank you again!
If you are on a i7 then yes, if you are running an i5 then no, I have tried them both and can't seem to run the i7 without Fake CPUID

Thank you very much @dolgarrenan it is comforting to know this, as I was under the impression that iMac20,1 would be enough. Thanks for confirming the need for faking CPU ID... I have the feeling that Apple will no longer release any Intel refreshes/updates, thus we can kiss goodbye the native Core i7-10xxx support... :(

Sure, here it is. I had issues with the AppleALC. Sometimes it will work perfectly (using headphones) and sometimes the sound will crack, sound distorted. I would reboot and it will fix the issue but sometimes it wouldn't. It seem to happen randomly. So I disable it and using VoodooHDA, works perfectly for me now.

Also sometimes when I shutdown, the computer restarts instead so I had to hold the power button until it fully shutdowns. Besides this, everything else works.

Resetting NVRAM solved inability to shutdown my NUC 10, at least for now

Hey y'all! Currently rocking a NUC 8 build, but am contemplating an upgrade IF the NUC 10 will do what I would like.

Basically, I'm looking for info on the USB C/TB connection in the back.

I'd like to connect the NUC to a docking station that has my monitor and peripherals hooked up, so I could switch between my devices just by replacing which is plugged in at the moment. Would a NUC 10 Hackintosh's TB fulfill this desire -- Could I have all my devices hooked up to a dock and connect the NUC via one USB C cable and have everything work, or do I dream too big?

Hey y'all! Currently rocking a NUC 8 build, but am contemplating an upgrade IF the NUC 10 will do what I would like.

Basically, I'm looking for info on the USB C/TB connection in the back.

I'd like to connect the NUC to a docking station that has my monitor and peripherals hooked up, so I could switch between my devices just by replacing which is plugged in at the moment. Would a NUC 10 Hackintosh's TB fulfill this desire -- Could I have all my devices hooked up to a dock and connect the NUC via one USB C cable and have everything work, or do I dream too big?
I own both NUC 10 and NUC 8. I think you can do that with both. however, you are unable to use front USB-C as a video output, only the back one does.

I have a LG ultrafine connected to my NUC 10 and a USB-c to USB 3.0 hub connected to the monitor. this set up worked well on the NUC 8.

NUC 8 has pretty much everything functional (including wifi using an Apple wifi card with an adaptor to the NVME drive)

NUC 10 at least for me has 2 unresolved issues, no Audio via HDMI and it can reset instead of shutdown, and also uses spoofing since there is no official apple support for the NUC 10 chipset. I don't find the NUC faster than my NUC 8. if anything, the NUC 8 has a slightly better GPU than the 10, and finally, the NUC 8 has tons more R and D support on tonymac than the NUC 10.

I own both NUC 10 and NUC 8. I think you can do that with both. however, you are unable to use front USB-C as a video output, only the back one does.

I have a LG ultrafine connected to my NUC 10 and a USB-c to USB 3.0 hub connected to the monitor. this set up worked well on the NUC 8.

NUC 8 has pretty much everything functional (including wifi using an Apple wifi card with an adaptor to the NVME drive)

NUC 10 at least for me has 2 unresolved issues, no Audio via HDMI and it can reset instead of shutdown, and also uses spoofing since there is no official apple support for the NUC 10 chipset. I don't find the NUC faster than my NUC 8. if anything, the NUC 8 has a slightly better GPU than the 10, and finally, the NUC 8 has tons more R and D support on tonymac than the NUC 10.
Super helpful! Thanks! I won't even bother then.

I thought the rear USB C would not do video on the 8, but I guess I'm mistaken. Glad to be wrong! I can't test out now, as I'm waiting on a warranty claim for a fan replacement. I definitely appreciate the help though! Cheers!

Back