Contribute
Register

Intel NUC 10 Frost Canyon

Did you have any trouble with this machine config.plist getting your iServices to work? Apart from the SN/MLB/UUID values, is there some other value that needs to be set/changed?
@twlatl

I hadn't set up iServices on this NUC10. However, I just did without any problem. This is Catalina 10.15.7.

I had only removed the SMBIOS information from the posted EFI. There shouldn't be any other values that needed to be changed.

Try @Leesureone's suggestion.

Some people reporting problems with iCloud accounts seemed to fix problems by making sure they were logged out before changing EFIs. But it sounds like you have already done that.

I don't know if clearing NVRAM would make any difference.

Just a couple of things, first, a big thanks to everyone here for their brain / thinking thing!!! My NUC was up and running in record time!

Second, for those who are waiting for the NUC 11, do you think that it will be a better / faster machine with the processor and graphics update???? Any input would be helpful.

Thanks again,
Cheers

Just a couple of things, first, a big thanks to everyone here for their brain / thinking thing!!! My NUC was up and running in record time!

Second, for those who are waiting for the NUC 11, do you think that it will be a better / faster machine with the processor and graphics update???? Any input would be helpful.

Thanks again,
Cheers
If Apple decides to use a similar processor to whatever intel uses, unlike the NUC10, it could be more than an incremental update. Time will tell

I have the NUC10I5FNH and running firmware FNCML357.0046 and Catalina 10.15.7 as an iMac (2020) using OpenCore 0.6.2. Firstly thanks to all the contributors in this thread that have helped to make my i5 NUC 10 work.

I am having an issue with sound over the rear Thunderbolt port. I am using alcid layout 21 as the microphone works with this where as it doesn't with layout 28. Here in is the issue, after booting and logging in I have to turn off the monitor and switch it back on to get the sound working. I'm using an LG Ultra Wide monitor via USB-C. Once it's switched off and on the LG HDR WQHD shows as an output device. Does anyone know how to get this to stay on and be the default output device?

Bluetooth, wake sleep, shutdown, etc are all fine. I have attached my EFI. You'll have to generate SYMBIOS information.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• EFI-0.6.2-NUC10I5FNH.zip
    13.2 MB · Views: 439
I have to turn off the monitor and switch it back on to get the sound working.
I have the same behaviour for my TB3 dock station - it works when re-plugged after OS is booted. This is TB3 ACPI related and needs to be improved.

Recent posts have reported problems with Sleep not working consistently. With my other Hacks, if Sleep was only momentary, it was generally caused by improper USB port mapping. With my NUC10i7, Sleep has worked consistently using example EFI files posted here.

I just went through the exercise of trying to remap USB ports. However, IORegistryExplorer and Hackintool, consistently reported the following ports as active: HS1, HS2, HS3, HS4, HS6, HS7, HS9, HS10, SS1, SS2, SS3, SS4, SSP1 regardless what USB-related kexts, or SSDTs I used.

View attachment 491465

Since the USB 15 port limit doesn't apply to the NUC10i7, I've removed all these related SSDTs and kexts, without ill effect.

The main problem I've been experiencing was that when I Shutdown, the NUC10i7 shuts down, but eventually Reboots on its own after various time periods.

To me this problem had to be in my BIOS power settings. So I went to the BIOS Power -> Secondary Power Settings window and made some changes:

I changed Deep S4/S5 to ON.
I changed Wake on Lan from S4/S5 to Stay Off.
I changed Wake System from S5 to Off.

I also turned the Card Reader setting back on. I had turned it off based on a prior post. Since I dual boot to Windows it might be usable, but probably not. (As mentioned above, I've never had Sleep problems.)

It appears these BIOS setting changes have resolved Shutdown so it doesn't Reboot at some random time. I'll have to try an overnight Shutdown to confirm the problem is resolved. Good news -- the Hack did not reboot on its own overnight!

NUC10i7FNB - BIOS 45
Catalina 10.15.7
OC 0.6.2
Heliport app being used for WiFi

Attached below is the EFI I'm using for my configuration. SMBIOS settings have been removed.

View attachment 491466
View attachment 491467
I hope this information might help, but nothing with a Hack is guaranteed! :)
Hi ! I wanted to say that your EFI solved a lot of problems I had ! A huge thanks for sharing it ! Just one small issue if you could help ! I have exactly the same NUC10i7 as you and while I was able to solve the random reboots while at sleep with your advice, I am experiencing a really annoying issue. Whenever I try to Shutdown my NUC, it restarts 2 seconds after it has completely shut down. Do you experience this issue ? It is really annoying ! I use the NUC mainly as a server so... The need to shut it down is not a top priority but still its not ideal every time I wanna shut it down to do it from the power button ! I have read on the opencore site that this problem needs some ACPI edits but I have no clue what I need to do. A huge thanks for your amazing work !

Hi ! ... Whenever I try to Shutdown my NUC, it restarts 2 seconds after it has completely shut down. Do you experience this issue ? It is really annoying ! I use the NUC mainly as a server so... The need to shut it down is not a top priority but still its not ideal every time I wanna shut it down to do it from the power button ! I have read on the opencore site that this problem needs some ACPI edits but I have no clue what I need to do. A huge thanks for your amazing work !
@Navigator7491

After shutting down my NUC10i7 it was restarting on its own at random times. I found that resetting one or more of the BIOS power setting finally stopped that from occurring when using the EFI I posted, without any ACPI mods. I will post my BIOS power settings later today. I hope that will help you.

@Navigator7491

After shutting down my NUC10i7 it was restarting on its own at random times. I found that resetting one or more of the BIOS power setting finally stopped that from occurring when using the EFI I posted, without any ACPI mods. I will post my BIOS power settings later today. I hope that will help you.
Yea I understood what your issue was ! I just have a slightly different one ! I have already made the same changes on BIOS Secondary Power settings as you but the issue I continue to have is the NUC restarts EXACTLY after 2 seconds when I press shutdown ! EVERY time ! If you could send me exactly some screenshots so I could double check that we have the same BIOS settings it would be very helpful ! This is the last piece in the puzzle for me ! A huge thanks for your help !

Yea I understood what your issue was ! I just have a slightly different one ! I have already made the same changes on BIOS Secondary Power settings as you but the issue I continue to have is the NUC restarts EXACTLY after 2 seconds when I press shutdown ! EVERY time ! If you could send me exactly some screenshots so I could double check that we have the same BIOS settings it would be very helpful ! This is the last piece in the puzzle for me ! A huge thanks for your help !
@Navigator7491

This may or may not help you depending I guess on peripherals attached to your NUC. I only have a keyboard and mouse, Ethernet, and HDMI.

Here's a link to a helpful Microsoft document explaining power states:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/kernel/system-sleeping-states

When the NUC is shutdown it should be entering power state S5. In my BIOS I checked "Deep S4/S5." I also set "Wake on LAN from S4/S4" to "Stay Off," and unchecked "Wake System from S5." Perhaps because your NUC starts up so quickly on shutdown it never actually reaches S5 because of some connected peripheral. Have you tested without other peripherals connected?

Screenshots of my settings which may or may not be helpful with your setup:

Power 1.jpg

Power 2.jpg

Power 3.jpg

Power 4.jpg

Recent posts have reported problems with Sleep not working consistently. With my other Hacks, if Sleep was only momentary, it was generally caused by improper USB port mapping. With my NUC10i7, Sleep has worked consistently using example EFI files posted here.

I just went through the exercise of trying to remap USB ports. However, IORegistryExplorer and Hackintool, consistently reported the following ports as active: HS1, HS2, HS3, HS4, HS6, HS7, HS9, HS10, SS1, SS2, SS3, SS4, SSP1 regardless what USB-related kexts, or SSDTs I used.

View attachment 491465

Since the USB 15 port limit doesn't apply to the NUC10i7, I've removed all these related SSDTs and kexts, without ill effect.

The main problem I've been experiencing was that when I Shutdown, the NUC10i7 shuts down, but eventually Reboots on its own after various time periods.

To me this problem had to be in my BIOS power settings. So I went to the BIOS Power -> Secondary Power Settings window and made some changes:

I changed Deep S4/S5 to ON.
I changed Wake on Lan from S4/S5 to Stay Off.
I changed Wake System from S5 to Off.

I also turned the Card Reader setting back on. I had turned it off based on a prior post. Since I dual boot to Windows it might be usable, but probably not. (As mentioned above, I've never had Sleep problems.)

It appears these BIOS setting changes have resolved Shutdown so it doesn't Reboot at some random time. I'll have to try an overnight Shutdown to confirm the problem is resolved. Good news -- the Hack did not reboot on its own overnight!

NUC10i7FNB - BIOS 45
Catalina 10.15.7
OC 0.6.2
Heliport app being used for WiFi

Attached below is the EFI I'm using for my configuration. SMBIOS settings have been removed.

View attachment 491466
View attachment 491467
I hope this information might help, but nothing with a Hack is guaranteed! :)
Thank you a lot. Your OC Folder is working very well for me. I'm using the Core i5 Version. Everything seems to work very well. I was also able to install the last BigSur beta without problems.

Back