Contribute
Register

Intel NUC 10 Frost Canyon

hi guys. one question open core related. how can I add boot-args like -v etc at the opencore menu before loading Mac OS? it was easy with clover, I can't find the option in the open core menu at boot. thank you

In ProperTree it's located here:

1597163572040.png

Or in OpenCore Configurator it's here:

1597163663836.png

thank you. I mean how to add options in open core boot options. before Mac OS starts
Like in Clover? As far as I know that’s not possible using OC. You make modifications before you boot.

Yesterday Apple released one more supplemental update - still no luck to boot without CPU emulation

Last edited:
Hello,
Tonight I tried to use Docker, and it failed miserably to download docker images. It appears to be related to CPU emulation or to some setting that makes it possible to boot Catalina on my NUC. I don't get how it's related, see bug reports and discussion here:

Is there anyone who can explain what steps I should take to work around this problem and use docker on my NUC hackintosh?

Also, I've tried to create a Ubuntu VM in Virtual Box, and it failed too, I'm not sure if it's related / same problem…
edit: vm creation fails also in Vmware Fusion. In both case the VM will boot or partially boot but will end up being non-functioning.

Last edited:
Is there anyone who can explain what steps I should take to work around this problem and use docker on my NUC hackintosh?
Please take a look here
Screen Shot 2020-08-14 at 10.11.29 AM.png

Last edited:
damn, just 2 posts before my first post… Thanks a lot for the pointer.

edit, well, it does not explain much, in fact there is no more info here than in bug reports above.

Last edited:
nope, it just displays an average CPU temperature. Nothing more.
I updated to the 10.15.6 and it suddenly won't display any sensor data on istat menu..

Let's work backwards. Try my EFI and let me know if this gives you resolution control. Then we can figure out why. also check your BIOS settings. What do you have for the three entries under video?
worked perfectly for me. only shutdown does not work (restarts on shutdown)

with new AppleALC 1.5.2 change boot-args to alcid=21 for internal RealTek audio
Im trying to get audio working with AppleALC 1.5.2 without success. Do you mind sharing oyur EFI folder?

Back