Contribute
Register

Intel NUC 10 Frost Canyon

Any idea that we can update this firmware under MacOS environment? Thanks!
seems no chances... I used VMWare to create Windows To Go flash drive (by Rufus or Dism++), then you need to boot from it and install graphics driver as well as vc_redist from Microsoft website (both for x86 and x64, vc_redist.x64.ex_ & vc_redist.x86.ex_) and then run the file from Intel's upgrade instruction

with new AppleALC 1.5.2 change boot-args to alcid=21 for internal RealTek audio

Now that Apple has released 10th gen imacs do we think the legacy cpu emulation can be disabled? Since I haven't seen a new release of macOS since the announcement, I assume this could be tried with 10.15.6.

Hi, where can I find some info about this cpu emulation thing? I've installed my NUC few days ago without seeing any mention of this option, is that automatically applied by Clover or OpenCore ?

Now that Apple has released 10th gen imacs do we think the legacy cpu emulation can be disabled? Since I haven't seen a new release of macOS since the announcement, I assume this could be tried with 10.15.6.
There is still no support of our i7-10710U without emulating - I tried to disable it since 10.15.6 release - was stuck at boot

Hi guys,

I think we could see support for our 10th gen on current Catalina but only with a special build, since the new iMacs came out, I'm sure there is a special build for those including full support for the 10th gen CPU's.

We might be able to download a new 10.15.6 build version within few days with GibMacOS or from Apple internal server

Back