Contribute
Register

Intel NUC 10 Frost Canyon

With regard to the nuc10i5, WiFi isn’t working which means that handoff isn’t working. Also I believe that the uhd620 graphics is emulating a 630 rather than natively supported ?

any other issues on the i5?

With regard to the nuc10i5, WiFi isn’t working which means that handoff isn’t working. Also I believe that the uhd620 graphics is emulating a 630 rather than natively supported ?

any other issues on the i5?
You may eventually be able to enable the onboard intel wireless but that is a newly developed kext and connectivity is not great. Regardless you will not get handoff, or any of the continuity features, without going to an adapter/ wireless bluetooth card recognized by OSx as native for your M2 slot.
Changing the graphics information irrelatively easy using Hackintool. There is a guide here:

You maybe able to enable the onboard intel wireless but that is a newly developed kext and connectivity is not great. Regardless you will not get handoff, or any of the continuity features, without going to an adapter/ wireless bluetooth card recognized by OSx as native for your M2 slot

Is there any other option for a recognised card than the m2 slot? I’d like to get Handoff features working, but I prefer to use my M2 slot for storage.

Is there any other option for a recognised card than the m2 slot? I’d like to get Handoff features working, but I prefer to use my M2 slot for storage.
[/QUOTE]
Understandable but no, USB wireless or Bluetooth dongles work but do not enable continuity features. This is an older thread but still valid:

Understandable but no, USB wireless or Bluetooth dongles work but do not enable continuity features. This is an older thread but still valid:

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this @Leesureone

It seems we have to wait for Mac OS to support Wifi 6 and hope we will get support at that time.

Thanks for this @Leesureone

It seems we have to wait for Mac OS to support Wifi 6 and hope we will get support at that time.
[/QUOTE]
Don’t hold your breath....they will develop their own version of it before that happens.

I've had good success with the EFI in #257 on a NUC10, but I don't understand how to enable Bluetooth. What does "add kext to turn off/on Bluetooth" mean and how can I turn it back on? I looked at all references to bluetooth in config.plist but nothing seemed obvious to me. Please be gentle, this is my first hackintosh.

That's too bad. I feel like we are only a few hacks away from it being very, very good good. Aside from audio, I dont have any major complaints and I use it every day.

@z1leppy @AQYNCH75

I second your comment. I've got a NUC10i7FNK dual booting WIN10 and Catalina that's running quite well using OpenCore. The audio through HDMI works, and I don't need on-board WiFi. But getting it to work as well as it does took a lot of work by many contributors on this forum. Thanks to them for working their magic to get to this point.

I've had good success with the EFI in #257 on a NUC10, but I don't understand how to enable Bluetooth. What does "add kext to turn off/on Bluetooth" mean and how can I turn it back on? I looked at all references to bluetooth in config.plist but nothing seemed obvious to me. Please be gentle, this is my first hackintosh.
Everything you need is in his EFI folder and the correct kexts are called for in his config.plist under the Kernel/Add section. I think English is not his first language and what he meant was that kexts were added.

One thing I noticed was he has a redundant kext that you do not need and could be causing you issues. You do not need the IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext, only the IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext. I turned it off in the config.plist, see if this version works. Make sure wireless/ Bluetooth in enabled in your bios.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    10.3 MB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Back