Graphics
AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2GB + Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Intel confirmed the release of NUC 10 “Frost Canyon” but it’s not yet available on the market:

2019-11-21 | Anandtech | Intel Confirms Comet Lake-Based NUC 10 ‘Frost Canyon’ UCFF PCs

Anyone have any idea whether this will be Hackint0sh compatible? Wanted to try out an updated version of this build:

The Tiny, Fanless, Mac mini KILLER!

Thanks!
naudafor

I think you should not expect hackintosh compatibility for them at this point, seeing that Apple has not had a chance to use 10th generation Intel CPUs for its own Macs.

If and when Apple makes use of 10th generation Intel CPUs, then perhaps we can expect them to work with (a future version of) MacOS.

This is just my own opinion, and it may turn out to be wrong, seeing that Sierra 10.12.6 and High Sierra 10.13.6 can run on current Intel 9th generation Intel CPUs even though the CPUs were released after Sierra and High Sierra were out.

@Jamesbond007 thank you for the detailed explanation. It is very helpful.

I think you should not expect hackintosh compatibility for them at this point, seeing that Apple has not had a chance to use 10th generation Intel CPUs for its own Macs.

If and when Apple makes use of 10th generation Intel CPUs, then perhaps we can expect them to work with (a future version of) MacOS.

This is just my own opinion, and it may turn out to be wrong, seeing that Sierra 10.12.6 and High Sierra 10.13.6 can run on current Intel 9th generation Intel CPUs even though the CPUs were released after Sierra and High Sierra were out.

6th Sky lake, 7th Kabby lake, 8/9th Coffee lake are more or less the same thing. 10th Comet Lake is just another Sky Lake so the OS might not recognize the CPU in About Mac but it should likely work.

@scottkendall, very interesting.

So 9th gen Coffee Lake is currently working in the field? I thought it was weird that the Intel NUC skipped from 8th gen to 10th gen, but apparently they will also release a 9th gen "extreme" version:

Cannot wait for news from CES 2020!

@scottkendall, very interesting.

So 9th gen Coffee Lake is currently working in the field? I thought it was weird that the Intel NUC skipped from 8th gen to 10th gen, but apparently they will also release a 9th gen "extreme" version:

Cannot wait for news from CES 2020!

9th gen CPU's are working great but some new information I saw today says the new 10gen chips will be using a different motherboard chipset. That might present some issues Hackintoshing said NUC.

I have one of these. I didn't get very far installing MACOS on it yet. Anyone else tested the waters?

well, gave it a go and tried some of the usual solutions, but stuck at

"End Random Seed ++++"

I am wondering if the lack of usb 2.0 ports is the cause? I can get a lid and tie into USB 2 on the board I guess.

well, gave it a go and tried some of the usual solutions, but stuck at

"End Random Seed ++++"

I am wondering if the lack of usb 2.0 ports is the cause? I can get a lid and tie into USB 2 on the board I guess.

Have you tried all the various memory fix drivers?

Back