Contribute
Register

Intel NUC 10 Frost Canyon

You can compile it, too. github & xcode and you're fine. This is what williambj1 does on a regular base, every 8 hours on the original code from acidanthera, so no big deal. Or simply do it within hackintool, another way to get yourself on the bleeding edge. Oh, btw here is another dude who builds itlmw Wifi releases from https://github.com/zxystd on https://github.com/1hbb/OpenIntelWireless-Factory/releases or simply build it on your own from github sources, if you don't trust others.
So it's just a kind of nightly builds based on original code?

Thanks to this post, I started my journey in hackintosh as beginner using Intel NUC10i5FNH. All work properly except wifi. However, I don't know why the NUC suddenly switches on automatically right after shutting it down.

EFI is attached
The i5 doesn't need CPU emulation from what I have read and understand, I don't have one to test myself, but it can use a much simpler configuration that what is posted in #195. Try this instead being aware that USB port configuration is incomplete and sleep/wake probably will not function properly. If it works and you are interested I can see you a link to correct that.

Attachments

• EFI-NUC10 i5.zip
    16.8 MB · Views: 100
The good news is AppleALC Audio is working on Realtek internal device with almost any layoutid with the latest drivers ... too bad it's only working when speakers are connected during boot
First of all, thank you very much for this great info. I've just tried fresh builds of Lilu&AppleALC to check what changed with sound.

My results are:
  • All layouts except 28 give no sound, but at the same time MacOS thinks they work, because YouTube and other video starts playing that was impossible with 1.5.0 build of AppleALC;
  • Layout 28 gives sound both with plugged and unplugged headphones during boot;
  • Layout 28 as I said gives sound but microphone doesn't work, but my experiments allowed me to get microphone working so I decided to combine what I could achieve with latest 1.5.1 and for my surprise I was lucky - both headphones & microphone work! I attached my build of AppleALC - it would be nice if you could give a try and report. PS: I was very close to find the right audio path inside the codec, but my problem was a pinconfig that I couldn't build due to lack of needed info, so I changed a bit original pinconfig by adding EAPD for nid=20 (it should be so) and ammended the sound path to microphone.
  • The bad side is that 1.5.0 had a HDMI audio sound device (though it didn't work) - 1.5.1 doesn't even list it in sound preferences.
AppleALC 1.5.0 (my Dell display has hdmi input with audio support)
Screen Shot 2020-06-13 at 11.45.14 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-13 at 11.55.37 AM.png

AppleALC 1.5.1 (no HDMI audio)
Screen Shot 2020-07-14 at 23.34.29 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-14 at 23.42.00 PM.png

For those who will test my AppleALC.kext please use Layout28 (alcid=28 or layout-id = 1C000000 in device properties).

Attachments

• AppleALC.kext.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Hello @zavrus I have tried your kext but unfortunately results are not good, I totally lose all audio output devices, besides it recognizes audio device as HDAS in IOReg instead of HDEF which is how AppleALC renames devices. I'm using alcid=28, so no joy here.

Perhaps there is something you added to your .plist I don't have¿?

Hello @zavrus I have tried your kext but unfortunately results are not good, I totally lose all audio output devices, besides it recognizes audio device as HDAS in IOReg instead of HDEF which is how AppleALC renames devices. I'm using alcid=28, so no joy here.

Perhaps there is something you added to your .plist I don't have¿?
Thanks for feedback. Sounds strange, because I didn't change any patching code logic, the changes are just in Layout28.xml, Platforms28.xml and in info.plist which is part of PinConfig.kext (it's emdedded in AppleALC).
Have you updated Lilu as well? Both kexts work in a chain (I think you know it)

Last edited:
Thanks for feedback. Sounds strange, because I didn't change any patching code logic, the changes are just in Layout28.xml, Platforms28.xml and in info.plist which is part of PinConfig.kext (it's emdedded in AppleALC).
Have you updated Lilu as well? Both kexts work in a chain (I think you know it)

Ok, so I was messing without checking my entire disk (I already had latest set of kext to go with).. I had an instance of AppleALC I was modifying in the system folder, thats why it wasn't properly loading, I really can't remember what was I messing around with to have a kext in that location :lol:.

So I have tried both HDMI and USB-C/DisplayPort and the modified kext can't seem to find a display audio through USB-C/DP.

Overall great work, much better than what we had. Perhaps @toleda could give us a hand with this audio issue?

Thank you all for this awesome post. I got my first Hackintosh almost fully working (having issues with built in audio):
  • Monitor detected via HDMI with correct resolution
  • USB Keyboard and USB mouse detected and working
  • Intel Ethernet detected and working (disable Wifi from BIOS)
  • Sleep works
  • Able to dual boot using OpenCore (have windows on a separate SSD SATA)
  • It is stable, no crashing, no kernel panic
Again, thanks all!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 9.59.15 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 9.59.15 AM.png
    125.6 KB · Views: 84
  • Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 10.00.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 10.00.41 AM.png
    81.3 KB · Views: 95
  • Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 10.00.53 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 10.00.53 AM.png
    70.3 KB · Views: 80
Thanks to this post, I started my journey in hackintosh as beginner using Intel NUC10i5FNH. All work properly except wifi. However, I don't know why the NUC suddenly switches on automatically right after shutting it down.

EFI is attached
I have the same issue on a NUC10i7, did you manage to solve the issue?

Back