Contribute
Register

Intel NUC 10 Frost Canyon

These are from a YouTube review of the NUC running Winderz...

1592925716018.png

1592925739438.png

There is a bit of different respect my results but I would perhaps say this might be chip binning, our configurations are I'd say more or less the same, but the results shown with NUC8 I'd say are mostly fake.

I highly doubt an 8 thread would perform almost three time faster than a 12 thread CPU two iterations newer, that would be a killpoint for Intel, highly doubt it.
Screenshot 2020-06-23 at 17.40.34.png

Screenshot 2020-06-23 at 17.45.41.png

NOTE: Geekbench isn't even pushing the hardware to the max, try a Cinebench R20 and keep watch of your Intel Power Gadget, you'll see how a real benchmark is done :). btw, I'm on a NVMe.

Last edited:
I highly doubt an 8 thread would perform almost three time faster than a 12 thread CPU two iterations newer, that would be a killpoint for Intel, highly doubt it.
In a point!
I also think so, but because I don't remember when I ran any CPU/GPU benchmarks tests last time, I asked to share. So thank everybody who spent a time posting scores.

It creates a config.plist based on the Dortania Guide.
Dennis_Womack, I tried to build config.plist through that app.

Frankly speaking it's for absolute newbie's or lazy (sorry, but then why hackintoshers?) people. If that man started the project I do believe he will significantly improve it because at the moment the config_sample.plist in OpenCore is more advanced and facilitates you to open the manual. At the same time improving will lead to hundreds of checkboxes & dropdown menus with pop-up help most of the potential app users aren't aware about. And then we again come to question who are those people this app is designed for? OC Configurator is way much more helpful at the moment.

PS: with all due respect to the project

Last edited:
Pavo writes some pretty good code. OC Gen X is really new. It will come along quickly.

The OC creators have a bit of "Not invented Here" regarding OC Configurator. That's found in a lot of places. Even with Clover and even here with UniBeast and MultiBeast.

I just appreciate good code, wherever I find it. If you never ask, you never learn. To put it another way: Wisdom comes from Experience, and Experience comes from a lack of Wisdom. A circular problem.

My Hackintosh experience goes back to EFix. Love the Vanilla Hackintosh concept.

Last edited:
any issue after installing 10.15.5 supplemental update? cannot boot after the update
No issues on 10.15.5, no crash for me since I got it all installed, wake / sleep working just fine now. I would say very stable.

No issues on 10.15.5, no crash for me since I got it all installed, wake / sleep working just fine now. I would say very stable.

not speaking about 10.15.5 but the supplemental update that comes after the 10.15.5.
everything working here with standard release of 10.15.5
kernel panic after installing 10.15.5 SU

not speaking about 10.15.5 but the supplemental update that comes after the 10.15.5.
everything working here with standard release of 10.15.5
kernel panic after installing 10.15.5 SU
My apologies I should have been more clear. The SU is what I installed, Apple had pulled the initial release of 10.15.5 before I installed it, so the supplemental update was all that I installed. running fine.

I just wanted to add my Windows Geekbench 5 Score:

Single Core: 1227
Multi Core: 5796

OpenCL: 6156

regards

Back