Contribute
Register

Intel NUC 10 Frost Canyon

Nope... Just noticed an error that lead to above mentioned fix

As for me, then I have two main issues - no wake up and sound with AppleALC (Voodoo I remind works).
For second one I advanced a bit with PinConfigurations for Codec but now the problem is that I can't test PinConfiguration because for some reason AppleALC doesn't patch AppleHDA as it's supposed. I feel I am close to the point and I need just a little help :banghead:. But there is silence on this topic here (in Audio section) as well as on InsanelyMac.

Plus we all expect you will get a luck to finish TB3 power settings :)

Voodoo doesn't work reliably for me. I've been playing with applealc but nothing yet.

Nope... Just noticed an error that lead to above mentioned fix

I googled quite a lot on that DTGP and I also found that Apple uses it widely, and I think it doesn't matter what DefinitionBlock declares this Method - the aim is that method must be declared.

As for me, then I have two main issues - no wake up and sound with AppleALC (Voodoo I remind works).
For second one I advanced a bit with PinConfigurations for Codec but now the problem is that I can't test PinConfiguration because for some reason AppleALC doesn't patch AppleHDA as it's supposed. I feel I am close to the point and I need just a little help :banghead:. But there is silence on this topic here (in Audio section) as well as on InsanelyMac.

Plus we all expect you will get a luck to finish TB3 power settings :)
We need to try and isolate the Wake issue for you. My Sleep / Wake is working now with Thunderbolt3 with the additional of @dolgarrenan latest SSDT.

An oddity that I am trying to look in to is this:

View attachment 477061

Here you can see in Hackintool the WiFi (AX201) issuing reported as an AC-9462. Even the Device ID is being reported as 0x02F0. I believe this is why I'm not getting any response from the Wireless Drivers aveby zxystd.

I know several people have said they don't really care about having the Wireless working, but in my view this is a very PC centric attitude. If you have a real Mac and use Apple products you know that having the Bluetooth and Wireless working is extremely part of the beauty of Mac for the holistic ecosystem. Once you get used to working on a Mac with the whole ecosystem up and operating you can truly see the beauty in what it means to use OS X.

Anyway I've checked windows and the proper AX201 driver is loaded. So something else is happening here.
There is a ways to go on trying to hijack the intel wireless/bluetooth solution so it acts like a native Apple card. On the NUC7s and 8s you can successfully enable both functions on the built in intel card but continuity still doesn't work.

Last edited:
There is a ways to go on trying to hijack the intel wireless/bluetooth solution so it acts like a native Apple card. On the NUC7s and 8s you can successfully enable both functions on the built in intel card but continuity still doesn't work.
My hope is the drivers that zxystd is working on will eventually get us to a point of having full Mac parity.
This may not be possible but it's what I'm hoping for eventually. I am extremely close to this today with my Z390 build.

My hope is the drivers that zxystd is working on will eventually get us to a point of having full Mac parity.
This may not be possible but it's what I'm hoping for eventually. I am extremely close to this today with my Z390 build.
I understand, my Asus boards both have all OS X features available. I had a Gigabyte Aorus Master with the same capabilities but sold it, my understanding is the Designare can be configured that way as well. The tough part about getting continuity with the intel chip is that both Bluetooth and WiFi kexts have to cooperate in some fashion to fool OS X. That’s a step beyond where we are today, right?

We need to try and isolate the Wake issue for you. My Sleep / Wake is working now with Thunderbolt3 with the additional of @dolgarrenan latest SSDT.
It seems I got it in quite elegant and simple way.

I deleted USBW.aml from ACPI and USBWakeFixup.kext from KEXTs (they supposed to work together) and instead I added new device with 'acpi-wake-type' property.
Screenshot 2020-06-20 at 11.45.16.png

This is what you have to see in IOregistry:
Screenshot 2020-06-20 at 11.50.28.png

These changes are made for this controller:
Screenshot 2020-06-20 at 11.46.17.png

Now I have sleep/wake properly working - it goes to sleep with status LED blinking and wakes up correctly after pressing the keyboard or mouse.

UPDATE: It works even with SSDT-NUC10-THUNDERBOLT-DRENAN.aml disabled

Last edited:
UPDATE: It works even with SSDT-NUC10-THUNDERBOLT-DRENAN.aml disabled

Do you mean it works with Thunderbolt Enabled?

Congrats. Strange that your setup requires a different approach.

Do you mean it works with Thunderbolt Enabled?
I mean I could wake with both Thunderbolt enabled and disabled.
Will continue to observe of course
Here and here are some info I used

Last edited:
Back