Contribute
Register

Intel NUC 10 Frost Canyon

Do you have Native NVRAM configured? If so how did you go about getting the MSR EFI (modified grub) to boot? I have figured out the correct bit to flip (0x3E)I just can't get the modified Grub to load so I can run the command to turn it off.

I booted your CLOVER but I'm still hanging up at the EXITBS:START section.

I've made my own rescue boot system on a FAT32 (label:SYSRESCUE), NTFS (label:SYSRESOURCE) and HFS+ partititioned usb stick, makes things a lot easier.
The first partition contains live boot systems less than 4GB and linux distros that cannot boot via ntfs. On the third partition lies apples hfs recovery image. Copy a fresh grub2 boot loader installation on the FAT32 root at \grub (in this case you don't have to worry about round tripping with other bootloaders like Clover or Opencore) and copy the bootx64.efi file from the grub2 installation to \efi\boot and edit your grub.cfg like

menuentry "Clover BootLoader" --id=CloverBoot {
search --no-floppy --label SYSRESCUE --set=root
chainloader (${root})/efi/CLOVER/CLOVERX64.efi
}

menuentry "OpenCore BootLoader" --id=OpenCore {
chainloader (${root})/efi/OC/OpenCore.efi
}

Then copy your Clover and/or Opencore folder to \efi and you're done.

I've made my own rescue boot system on a FAT32 (label:SYSRESCUE), NTFS (label:SYSRESOURCE) and HFS+ partititioned usb stick, makes things a lot easier.
The first partition contains live boot systems less than 4GB and linux distros that cannot boot via ntfs. On the third partition lies apples hfs recovery image. Copy a fresh grub2 boot loader installation on the FAT32 root at \grub (in this case you don't have to worry about round tripping with other bootloaders like Clover or Opencore) and copy the bootx64.efi file from the grub2 installation to \efi\boot and edit your grub.cfg like

}

}

Thats very cool, but since your the only person I've seen who has MacOS running on a NUC 10, I'm very interested to follow how you accomplished this. Did you have to unlock MSR 0xE2 so you have Native NVRAM?

Last edited:
I am also interested to see how you got it running on a NUC 10. I am using the i7-10710U variant and would like MAC OS running on this machine!

}

}

It would be really helpful if you created an image of the usb drive you created -- minus the HFS+ partition -- that we can figure out how to create, but having the efi, clover config, grub conf, drive layout etc would be helpful.
Quote ReplyEdit

enjoy yourself

Attachments

• grub-2.04-multi-boot.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 212
enjoy yourself
I'm confused your Clover and OC directories are both empty. Obviously this is a way of creating a Menu to choose to load Clover or OC but does not actually have the OC or Clover boot loaders in the directories.

What I and others are looking to understand is how you configured OpenCore or Clover to Boot Mac OS X on the NUC10.

Do you have a Working OC or Clover installation that will boot MacOS on the NUC10?? If so we would love for you to share that EFI so we can move forward with installing MacOS on our own NUC10 machines.

What I did was return my Nuc in favor of an HP Elitedesk 800 G2. It's a bit slower than the NUC, but it has an option to put in a broadcom wifi. I had to buy an adapter from Amazon, $16 -- get the one with a flex cable on it as there isn't room for the full sized card in the Elitedesk. I've not gotten it to install just got it yesterday, but the documentation looks promising.

It's been updated to run Catalina...

Last edited:
Back