Contribute
Register

Intel NUC 10 Frost Canyon

I've

Now, i've update my EFI, that work super stabile.
TB work fine in HOTPLUG, and eGPU now is support.
iGPU is fixed, and now the audio are support for all port HDMI/TB/DP.

Let me know for any problems.
Thanks for the work! Currently, i'm using this repo: https://github.com/hackintosh-efi/intel-nuc10 and just getting my feet wet with Hackintosh.

I would like to try your repo because of the GPU improvements but I have an i7 nuc. I read that I need to enable CPU emulation in order to make it work. What steps are involved in doing that and making your repo work on i7?

Sorry if this has been awnsered before :p

Thanks for the work! Currently, i'm using this repo: https://github.com/hackintosh-efi/intel-nuc10 and just getting my feet wet with Hackintosh.

I would like to try your repo because of the GPU improvements but I have an i7 nuc. I read that I need to enable CPU emulation in order to make it work. What steps are involved in doing that and making your repo work on i7?

Sorry if this has been awnsered before :p
Yes, it does require CPU emulation and he has it called out in his config.plist even though he is using an i5 model. (See attached). As far as GPU improvements I don't think you are going to see any real life improvements but feel free to give it a try, he has done a lot of work on refining the finished product.

Emulation.png

Hello, I'm having trouble installing latest security update (macOS Catalina Security Update 2021-003) on my NUC running 10.15.7 (19H1030): after the first reboot I'm presented with the Opencore boot menu and if I select option 1 (install disk) it circles back to the boot menu. This is probably endless, I've tried 3 times, then choose to boot back on my own system.
Ideas?

Hello, I'm having trouble installing latest security update (macOS Catalina Security Update 2021-003) on my NUC running 10.15.7 (19H1030): after the first reboot I'm presented with the Opencore boot menu and if I select option 1 (install disk) it circles back to the boot menu. This is probably endless, I've tried 3 times, then choose to boot
back on my own system.
Ideas?

I see the same problem.

Hello, I'm having trouble installing latest security update (macOS Catalina Security Update 2021-003) on my NUC running 10.15.7 (19H1030): after the first reboot I'm presented with the Opencore boot menu and if I select option 1 (install disk) it circles back to the boot menu. This is probably endless, I've tried 3 times, then choose to boot back on my own system.
Ideas?
What choices are showing on the OpenCore boot menu? Is there another drive option to choose from? Typically with OSX updates it should default to the right drive selection after updating reboots the system but it can depend on your set up.

Last edited:
I see the usual items and above them the install disk. I would say it's the same as any update/upgrade of macOS. The install disk is selected on the first reboot, but then it silently fails and come back to the menu where no item is selected. If I try again to select the install disk the same scenario repeats. If I choose my usual boot drive the NUC properly starts.

I see the usual items and above them the install disk. I would say it's the same as any update/upgrade of macOS. The install disk is selected on the first reboot, but then it silently fails and come back to the menu where no item is selected. If I try again to select the install disk the same scenario repeats. If I choose my usual boot drive the NUC properly starts.
Okay, I understand what you are saying now, not sure why that would happen unless there is something wrong on Apple's end with the file

On your NUC which EFI are you using?

maybe I can compare it with mine so I can see the differences too
the new OC 0.7 EFI, Error when booting, it appears in split second.

Attachments

• IMG_2484.PNG
    IMG_2484.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 48
the new OC 0.7 EFI, Error when booting, it appears in split second.
Hi, there are two errors in the config.plist to fix using a plist editor.
1. Change the entry under PlatformInfo/Generic from AdviseWindows to AdviseFeatures
2. Change the entry under UEFI/Audio to match the screen shot below or at least that has been reported to correct that error message

Change to AdviseFeatures.png

Uefi Audio.png

Hey Amigos, i have an Intel nuck 10th gen with an i7 cpu.

i installed macos big sur 11.4 , also could manage to get wifi and bluetooth to work.

Following Trouble still occure:
1.My integrated SD-card reader seems not to work
2. After doin a Geekbenchmark (single score:1148 Multicore:4861) i realised that my Cpu is only working with the Base frequency of 1,6GHZ, is there any posibility to let the cpu drive always with 4,0 GHZ?
the range of this Cpu is going from 1,1GHZ - 4,7 GHZ

THanks for your help bros =)

Back