Register

Intel NUC 10 Frost Canyon

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
UHD 630
UHD GT2 as has been reported by the latest major linux distributions and therefore no support from apple because they don't sell any devices with this gpu. In the meantime go with acidanthera's advice @ https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/blob/master/Manual/FAQ.IntelHD.en.md and use

Recommended framebuffers:
  • Desktop :
    • 0x3EA50000 (default)
    • 0x3E9B0007 (recommended)

I find all specs:

Intel UHD 620 (GT2) for NUC 10 Gen

and Intel Iris Plus 655 for NUC 8 Gen

Motherboard
Intel NUC 10
CPU
Core i7-10710U
Graphics
Intel UHD Graphics
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
There are adjustments in the bios for fan speed. Might check into those and make sure you have good ventilation around the case. The suggestion to check if it behaves the same in windows was a good one. It could be a defective unit.
Quick update on my fan speed / cooling issues. I had no patience for Windows, but after quick linux setup confirmed normal fan operation I decided to reinstall Catalina. After clean Catalina install the fan behaved normally which proved it was not a hardware issue. My previous Catalina setup was a TimeMachine restore from low end MacBook Pro which did not show any cooling issues. So, I am still not sure what exactly was the problem, but thank you all for the tips.

Motherboard
Asus Rog Strix Z490 Gaming E
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
hello everyone,

I upgraded to Opencore 0.6.1, run my config plist against the OpenCore config.plist Sanity Checker with the Desktop: 10th Gen defaults.

• It boots normally still, Catalina 10.15.6 19G2021
  • Same scores on the geekbench:
    # Name Platform Architecture Single-core Score Multi-core Score
    3782401 Macmini8,1Intel Core i7-10710U 1600 MHz (6 cores) macOS 64 x86_64 1094 4967
  • Using latest kexts from: https://downloads.tlhub.cn
  • USB, sleep works (although once I left the computer sleep almost 24 hrs..I couldn't get it to resume from sleep. Had to do a hard restart, it work normally after that). Short sleeps of a few hours to all night, 12 hrs, it resumes fine, no issues..using 1440p 144hz monitor works without issues over HDMI
  • Got an EGPU, Razer Core v2 along with Radeon XT 5700, I can't get it to work at all. Even when I do a restart and is already connected via TB3, it hangs on boot. It looks I have to do some type of firmware flashing which I won't risk it. It works perfectly when booting natively on Windows 10 (heck RPCS3, Cemu and Dolphin emulators work perfectly with an occasional slowdown here and there)
I use it mostly as a daily driver: email, browser, YouTube, Office for Mac, all works pretty good so far!
Did you change the the bios "Security/ Security Features/ Thunderbolt setting to Legacy? Thats helped in the past.

Motherboard
Snow Leopard 10.6.8
CPU
i7 680
Graphics
ATI 6680
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
AppleALC 1.5.2 is loading but no audio out. how to fix?
VoodooHDA works, but quality is not so nice.

also have issues with sleep over long time. what cant it be?

Motherboard
Gigabyte B550 Vision D
CPU
Ryzen 7 3700X
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@Leesureone @svandive

I see both of you are dual booting Windows and macOS on the NUC10. I have Windows 10 on an SSD, and Catalina 10.15.6 on a SATA drive on my NUC10. I'm using OC 0.6.1 and the Canopy boot selector.

If I select to boot Windows from the OC boot picker it takes about 80 seconds to get to the Windows login window.

If I have the Windows UEFI selected to boot first in BIOS, or I use the F10 key on startup to select the Windows UEFI, it takes Windows about 13 seconds to display the Windows login window.

I was wondering if others have similarly long Windows boot times from the OC boot picker.

Thanks for anyones response to this anomaly.

Edit: I've confirmed that I have a problem, and resolved the slow Windows boot time per my Post #502. I believe the resolution to the problem was to change in OC 0.6.1 Misc > Security > Expose Sensitive Data from 6 to 14. (I have no idea why.)

Last edited:
Motherboard
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
@Leesureone @svandive

I see both of you are dual booting Windows and macOS on the NUC10. I have Windows 10 on an SSD, and Catalina 10.15.6 on a SATA drive on my NUC10. I'm using OC 0.6.1 and the Canopy boot selector.

If I select to boot Windows from the OC boot picker it takes about 80 seconds to get to the Windows login window.

If I have the Windows UEFI selected to boot first in BIOS, or I use the F10 key on startup to select the Windows UEFI, it takes Windows about 13 seconds to display the Windows login window.

I was wondering if others have similarly long Windows boot times from the OC boot picker.

Thanks for anyones response to this anomaly.
That's unusual, I have similar, if not identical, boot times. If you want to clear out your serial numbers I can check your config.plist for you. Either that or have you tried the OpenCore Sanity Checker? https://opencore.slowgeek.com

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte B550 Vision D
CPU
Ryzen 7 3700X
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
That's unusual, I have similar, if not identical, boot times. If you want to clear out your serial numbers I can check your config.plist for you. Either that or have you tried the OpenCore Sanity Checker?

@Leesureone

Thanks for confirming I shouldn't be experiencing extended Windows boot times from the OC picker.

I used Sanity Checker and made its suggested changes to my plist. But it did not shorten my Windows boot time.

I then downloaded your NUC10i7OC6.0EFI file from your post #894 on the Intel NUC7/NUC8 thread. I made a few minor mods, put it on a thumb drive and booted from it. The Windows boot time dropped back to "normal."

I'll now go back and determine where the EFIs differ and fix my defective EFI.

Thanks again for your response.

========

Edit: I have found that using the EFI that caused long Windows boot times if I did a "cold" boot I would experience long boot times for Windows, but if i rebooted from Catalina to the OC picker ("warm boot"), and picked Windows, the boot time would be normal.

With further trial and error I found that using OC 0.6.1 if I changed Misc > Security > Expose Sensitive Data from 14 to 6, boot times for Windows would be "normal" whether I "cold" or "warm" booted.

According to the Tip Window in OpenCore Configurator the "Failsafe" value IS 6.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Intel NUC 10
CPU
i7-10710U
Graphics
Intel UHD 630
Did you change the the bios "Security/ Security Features/ Thunderbolt setting to Legacy? Thats helped in the past.

Yep, I tried all the different BIOS settings for Security -> Security Features -> Thunderbolt. Also I think they are two or three version for the TB3 kext on this thread..I tried all them of them as well. Still when I do a full reboot with the eGPU connected, it hangs..
Thanks though. It is low priority for me. Since I game on the Windows and it works perfectly there, I got no issues. The included iGPU is good enough for the tasks that I do on the hackintosh :)

Motherboard
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Yep, I tried all the different BIOS settings for Security -> Security Features -> Thunderbolt. Also I think they are two or three version for the TB3 kext on this thread..I tried all them of them as well. Still when I do a full reboot with the eGPU connected, it hangs..
Thanks though. It is low priority for me. Since I game on the Windows and it works perfectly there, I got no issues. The included iGPU is good enough for the tasks that I do on the hackintosh :)
One last question, when you say hangs on boot what do you mean? A Black Screen or the the text output using -v boot argument stops (verbose boot)? If so did you add the boot argument needed for most 5700Xt cards "agdpmod=pikera"

Motherboard
Intel
CPU
i5
Graphics
HD6000
My nuc10 i3 is woking happily except the 4k resolutions. I can only get full HD. Any help to get the full res?

Last edited: