Register

Intel NUC 10 Frost Canyon

Motherboard
intel nuc
CPU
i7-10710U
Graphics
integrated
Now that Apple has released 10th gen imacs do we think the legacy cpu emulation can be disabled? Since I haven't seen a new release of macOS since the announcement, I assume this could be tried with 10.15.6.

Motherboard
NUC10
CPU
Intel Core i7-10710U
Graphics
integrated
Hi, where can I find some info about this cpu emulation thing? I've installed my NUC few days ago without seeing any mention of this option, is that automatically applied by Clover or OpenCore ?

Motherboard
Intel NUC10i7FNB
CPU
i7-10710U
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Now that Apple has released 10th gen imacs do we think the legacy cpu emulation can be disabled? Since I haven't seen a new release of macOS since the announcement, I assume this could be tried with 10.15.6.
There is still no support of our i7-10710U without emulating - I tried to disable it since 10.15.6 release - was stuck at boot

Motherboard
Intel NUC10i7FNB
CPU
i7-10710U
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi, where can I find some info about this cpu emulation thing? I've installed my NUC few days ago without seeing any mention of this option, is that automatically applied by Clover or OpenCore ?

Motherboard
Gigabyte X299X Designare 10G
CPU
i9-10900X
Graphics
RX 5500 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
  3. iMac
  4. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi guys,

I think we could see support for our 10th gen on current Catalina but only with a special build, since the new iMacs came out, I'm sure there is a special build for those including full support for the 10th gen CPU's.

We might be able to download a new 10.15.6 build version within few days with GibMacOS or from Apple internal server

Motherboard
nuc10i5fnh
CPU
i5-10210U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I’ve successfully installed Big Sur beta 4 onto an external drive on my i5 nuc10. No changes needed to the EFI needed, however the problems I had in Catalina (sound & WiFi) still exist in Big Sur.

Motherboard
Intel NUC 10
CPU
i7-10710U
Graphics
Intel UHD 630
I been using this Hackintosh as my daily driver, just awesome little PC. Also I been using different EFIs from all the users that posted here and I found a difference that seems to affect system performance.
When I use the system product name as: MacBookPro16,2 along with a generated serial, reset NVRAM and reboot. I run the Geekbench 5 test and got the following scores:
Screen Shot 2020-08-09 at 12.46.00 PM.png

The fan doesn't spin hard during the first half to the test and it starts to spin hard during the second part when the test does its multicore testing.

Now, when I change the system product name to: macmini8,1 along with new generated serial, reset NVRAM and reboot. I run the same test and got higher score:
Screen Shot 2020-08-09 at 12.51.37 PM.png

When using the macmini8,1, I notice the 1st part of the test the fan does spin hard along with the second part which does reflect on the above scores.

I have hyper threading enable, high performance mode and cool option on the BIOS. I got Windows 10 install on a second SATA SSD drive and I use that as my baseline:
Screen Shot 2020-08-09 at 12.51.50 PM.png

Wanted to point out in case you want the max performance out of your NUC10 :)

Motherboard
Asus Rog Strix Z490 Gaming E
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I been using this Hackintosh as my daily driver, just awesome little PC. Also I been using different EFIs from all the users that posted here and I found a difference that seems to affect system performance.
When I use the system product name as: MacBookPro16,2 along with a generated serial, reset NVRAM and reboot. I run the Geekbench 5 test and got the following scores:
View attachment 483505
The fan doesn't spin hard during the first half to the test and it starts to spin hard during the second part when the test does its multicore testing.

Now, when I change the system product name to: macmini8,1 along with new generated serial, reset NVRAM and reboot. I run the same test and got higher score:
View attachment 483509
When using the macmini8,1, I notice the 1st part of the test the fan does spin hard along with the second part which does reflect on the above scores.

I have hyper threading enable, high performance mode and cool option on the BIOS. I got Windows 10 install on a second SATA SSD drive and I use that as my baseline:
View attachment 483510

Wanted to point out in case you want the max performance out of your NUC10 :)
That’s cool, I do wonder why there would be a difference. I’m also wondering when we ditch CPU emulation what if any difference that makes.