Contribute
Register

Intel NUC 10 Frost Canyon

Thats very cool, but since your the only person I've seen who has MacOS running on a NUC 10, I'm very interested to follow how you accomplished this. Did you have to unlock MSR 0xE2 so you have Native NVRAM?
There is a new tool to do it. You can use the traditional modGRUBSell.efi with the commands.
Or use the new CFGLock.efi tool. (With some latest UEFI/BIOS's the modGRUGShell.efi might not work).
Just mount your USB macOS installer and drop the tool in it.
Boot with your USB macOS installer and at the clover boot screen type s for the shell. (wait for shell to come up)
Once in the shell type the name of the tool you want to use: modGRUBShell.efi or CFGLock.efi
CFGLock.efi is easier to use because you don't need to download and open your UEFI/BIOS firmware for analizing and finding out what are you going to add in the command.
With this tool you just run it typing the name of the tool: CFGLock.efi then just type Y (for Yes) or N (for No)
It just toggles the option that is not present in UEFI settings because it's hidden.
In my case I drop the tool inside the tools folder (EFI/Clover/Tools) but you can just drop it in the EFI folder.
To do this, once you are at the shell, type fs0: and then press enter.
Now you need to go the the directory where you droped the tool.
In my case I type: cd EFI/Clover/Tool then press enter. If in EFI folder just type: cd EFI and press enter.
Now your ready to run the tool, type: CFGLock.efi and answer the question with Y (for Yes) or N (for No) that's all.:clap:

Hi, guys!

I can also confirm that neither Clover nor OC can boot on BXNUC10i7FNH - booting stucks at the EXITBS:START as the people reported above. I've tried guides posted here (Clover) as well as here (Open Core) - absolutely the same place of boot hang. And of course I tested the EFI posted after above mentioned video.

Honestly this is my first (coming?) hackintosh (though I am Mac user over a decade), but second BXNUC10i7FNH.
First one I bought in Feb and it works perfect under Ubuntu 20.04 running Home Assistant and Roon Core. So I do really hope community will find the solution to support the latest 10th Gen NUCs.

Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 1.21.38 PM.png
Just google CFGLock.efi.zip and you will find the link, then just click on CFGLock.efi.zip to download it.
Remember, once it's unlock you need to adjust your config.plist and EFI files (getting rid off things related to NVRAM Emulation like EmuVariableUefi) adjustments needs to be done on either bootloader (Clover or OpenCore)

First and only result...

Fair enough... fourth result locates the CFGLock.efi on a german language forum. @tecnicasopr was your successful build on the i5 as well?

Sounds like we're all having issues on the i7FNH. #Dangit

I'm gonna try this CFGLock.efi fix and report back. Otherwise.... idk
No, I'm using a GA-Z170-Gaming G1. But it's been known for a long time that some Gigabytes motherboards have the CFGLock setting hidden and this tool can toggle on or off this UEFI setting. It also works with other motherboards like Ashrock and possibly even much more. This is a new tool and it needs to be test with other motherboard brands and models. It is also known for a while that some macOS X installations fails because of CFGLock and that's why fixes like EmuVariableUefi and many others, where necessary to install macOS X successfully. When you unlock you don't need to apply all this bunch of fixes and files.

No, I'm using a GA-Z170-Gaming G1. But it's been known for a long time that some Gigabytes motherboards have the CFGLock setting hidden and this tool can toggle on or off this UEFI setting. It also works with other motherboards like Ashrock and possibly even much more. This is a new tool and it needs to be test with other motherboard brands and models. It is also known for a while that some macOS X installations fails because of CFGLock and that's why fixes like EmuVariableUefi and many others, where necessary to install macOS X successfully. When you unlock you don't need to apply all this bunch of fixes and files.
At least in the newest Z390 and Z490 BIOS (uEFI Firmware) Gigabyte is unlocking CFG Lock by default now!!

At least in the newest Z390 and Z490 BIOS (uEFI Firmware) Gigabyte is unlocking CFG Lock by default now!!
I'm glad Gigabyte is now listening the community, now we need them to support swapping CNVi Wif cards with M.2 and then they could become again the preferred board for hackintoshing. If they do, I'm sure their sales will go up again...

Disabled the CFGLock, we'll see now if this has any positive effect

UPDATE: And just as I suspected this had no effect... :(

Given that TechTolli has this clearly working on his short NUC 10 i5, something else has to be at play here...

Back