Contribute
Register

Intel NUC 10 Frost Canyon

Hi everyone.

My working NUC8i7BEH2 got damaged in some chips controlling USB port power (they are all dead) and the NUC cannot be repaired (Intel refuses both repair or RMA) so I had to buy another machine to keep on hackintoshing and got, too, NUC10i5FNHN (no 3.5jack or Audio codec). Prices have gone up...

I am trying to install everything from scratch but I cannot get past the first couple of OpenCore scroll pages (-verbose) during Ventura installer on USB.

When comparing the new NUC10i5FNHN and my existing NUC10i7FNH, they share the same firmware BIOS from Intel... so a copy of a working Ventura EFI folder on that USB installer, didn't work :( This means the SSDT table patch should be the same (EC vs. H_EC).

I made sure the basic BIOS settings are there, same on both machines. Tried with and without CPU emulation, same results (cleared NVRAM) on OpenCore 0.9.4. Funnily enough, an old NVMe running Catalina and OC v0.8.4 from NUC8 booted... just fine

@oyko or anyone, can you share just your OC config file for your own NUC10i5FNHN and what macOS are you running? Is that config good for USB installers? Do you use specially compiled custom SSDTs?

Thanks in advance!

Hi there.

Why not search our site?

Starts at Big Sur but will get you booting.

:)

Hi everyone.

My working NUC8i7BEH2 got damaged in some chips controlling USB port power (they are all dead) and the NUC cannot be repaired (Intel refuses both repair or RMA) so I had to buy another machine to keep on hackintoshing and got, too, NUC10i5FNHN (no 3.5jack or Audio codec). Prices have gone up...

I am trying to install everything from scratch but I cannot get past the first couple of OpenCore scroll pages (-verbose) during Ventura installer on USB.

When comparing the new NUC10i5FNHN and my existing NUC10i7FNH, they share the same firmware BIOS from Intel... so a copy of a working Ventura EFI folder on that USB installer, didn't work :( This means the SSDT table patch should be the same (EC vs. H_EC).

I made sure the basic BIOS settings are there, same on both machines. Tried with and without CPU emulation, same results (cleared NVRAM) on OpenCore 0.9.4. Funnily enough, an old NVMe running Catalina and OC v0.8.4 from NUC8 booted... just fine

@oyko or anyone, can you share just your OC config file for your own NUC10i5FNHN and what macOS are you running? Is that config good for USB installers? Do you use specially compiled custom SSDTs?

Thanks in advance!
I am using Sonoma and Monterey macOS.

Anyone got the rear TB port working on the NUC10i5FNHN? I've used @UtterDisbelief's EFI (with OC and some kext updates) and I'm running Sonoma 14.2.

The front USB-C port works great and I've seen 1GB/s (i.e. ~10Gbit) with my Zike drive and NVMe SSD.

In System Report, it just says "Thunderbold/USB4: No drivers are loaded" even though Thunderbolt is enabled in the BIOS and the TITAN stuff is enabled in the config.plist.

Anyone got the rear TB port working on the NUC10i5FNHN? I've used @UtterDisbelief's EFI (with OC and some kext updates) and I'm running Sonoma 14.2.

The front USB-C port works great and I've seen 1GB/s (i.e. ~10Gbit) with my Zike drive and NVMe SSD.

In System Report, it just says "Thunderbold/USB4: No drivers are loaded" even though Thunderbolt is enabled in the BIOS and the TITAN stuff is enabled in the config.plist.
The thunderbolt 3 port on back of Nuc just works i tried with thunderbolt 4 dock and with Razer core x EGPU all work.
plugn play are it and miss.ignor the no drivers are loaded.

Guys i need help... what are you suggesting to install on INTL NUC 10I5.... MONTerey, Ventuta or Sonoma..
I use Sonoma for now, but only in test phase, but time to time litle bit frozen showing, spealy when using OBS recording and also on some basics staff.. myb is my EFI problem, but that is not important for now, important is if any of you use above OS and what suggest, i would like install solid rock system:) in Monteray also i had problem, specaly when i power up intel, my screens position ware changing all the time, now in Sonoma i didnt have that problem, but time to time it frozzing; also i looked some test and Ventura is a bit heavier and slower then Sonoma.. please, can you give me your opinion

ps.. sorry on my english:) is not best

Guys i need help... what are you suggesting to install on INTL NUC 10I5.... MONTerey, Ventuta or Sonoma..
I use Sonoma for now, but only in test phase, but time to time litle bit frozen showing, spealy when using OBS recording and also on some basics staff.. myb is my EFI problem, but that is not important for now, important is if any of you use above OS and what suggest, i would like install solid rock system:) in Monteray also i had problem, specaly when i power up intel, my screens position ware changing all the time, now in Sonoma i didnt have that problem, but time to time it frozzing; also i looked some test and Ventura is a bit heavier and slower then Sonoma.. please, can you give me your opinion

ps.. sorry on my english:) is not best
Maybe you can find some help here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...mall-nuc10-i5-uhd630-32gb.326668/post-2377631

Back