Contribute
Register

Intel Network adapters on OS X: Small Tree drivers

You need to fake i350 to 1533 and define each port location in DSDT.
No others kext are need.
View attachment 420452
View attachment 420453
What if I modify device ID with ethtool?
Interesting

Update

From intel documents
2.21 Can the Subsystem PCI ID be changed in the I210/I211?
Yes. The device, sub-device, and sub-vendor ID’s can be changed. The device ID is a protected field and cannot be changed without loading a new signed image with a different ID.

Oh oh

Last edited:
You need to fake i350 to 1533 and define each port location in DSDT.
No others kext are need.
View attachment 420452
View attachment 420453

Thank you again , appreciate
It works.
Since Eeupdate64e.efi can not change device ID, I use ethtool to modify, boot into windows, it’s really i210, then I boot into Hackintosh mojave, it works.

I’m so happy.

My new powerful Mac
IBM X3550 M4
It’s cheap, but noise.....

Thank you again , appreciate
It works.
Since Eeupdate64e.efi can not change device ID, I use ethtool to modify, boot into windows, it’s really i210, then I boot into Hackintosh mojave, it works.

I’m so happy.

My new powerful Mac
IBM X3550 M4
It’s cheap, but noise.....
I haven't used ethtool. Without any experience.

X520-DA1 - Mojave

Used ethtool to change eeprom. Installed current small tree driver off their site. Card recognized and connects to network.

Problem - stuck on 1Gb and system refuses to go even a MB over 1Gb. Disabled packet signing and no difference.

Somewhat of a noob on mac. Any ideas?

ETA: Failed to mention I'm on fiber and I'm connected to a media server with a 30TB RAID10 volume that can handle 500MB/s. The server also has a RAID0 volumes comprised of 4 250GB SSD's that can handle well over 10Gbe. The server is running Ubuntu 18.04lts and has an X520-DA2. Jumbo frames are on and set to 9014.

Last edited:
Hi, my devices is 8066:10C9 (82756 Dual Band)
Please tell me how to fix it to connect internet

X520-DA1 - Mojave

Used ethtool to change eeprom. Installed current small tree driver off their site. Card recognized and connects to network.

Problem - stuck on 1Gb and system refuses to go even a MB over 1Gb. Disabled packet signing and no difference.

ETA: Failed to mention I'm on fiber and I'm connected to a media server with a 30TB RAID10 volume that can handle 500MB/s. The server also has a RAID0 volumes comprised of 4 250GB SSD's that can handle well over 10Gbe. The server is running Ubuntu 18.04lts and has an X520-DA2. Jumbo frames are on and set to 9014.
X520-DA1 - Mojave

I have met this problem, make sure you change the right port.
As my IBM X3550 M4 mezzanine card, it doesn’t show 2 ports, but 3 ports with strange port name.
Ex:
Port 1
Port 2
Port@&$:):
Actually is two port, not 3, maybe port 1 and port3 is the right port.

Or you should rollback, and try to modify the right digitals.

Second, low speed or delay
You need do 3 fix.

X520-DA1 - Mojave

Speed not faster than 1Gbe, or you can not choose link speed to 10GBe, these two is different situation.

82576 Gigabit Network Connection
1566194367598.png

Back