Contribute
Register

Intel Network adapters on OS X: Small Tree drivers

HOW DO YOU CONVERT YOUR DEVICE ID TO THIS "YxUAAA==" ?

Use Xcode or PlistEdit Pro, such that you do not need to edit plists manually (or do your research on base64).

My attempt to install a Small Tree P2EG-4-T card has somehow made it impossible for my machine to boot up OSX (I'm running 10.12.6). My setup has been working flawlessly for the last year or so, but now seems totally stuck.

Admittedly, I am a bit out of my depth here. I definitely succumbed to hubris and didn't do my research as thoroughly as I should have before diving into this install. Here's what I did:
  • Physically installed the card, which was not recognized by OSX on boot up (the machine seemed otherwise fine, though)
  • Downloaded and installed SmallTreeIntel8254x-3.8.1 from the Small Tree website.
  • On restart, machine gets stuck here:
OsxAptioFix2Drv: Starting overrides for \System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi​
Using reloc block: no, hibernate wake: no​
Error allocating 0x1a6e5 pages at 0xXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX alloc type 2​
Couldn't Allocate runtime area​
Boot failed, sleeping for 10 seconds before exiting...​

I removed my system drive and mounted it up on another machine. I tried replacing OsxAptioFix2Drv from the EFI backup, from a separate backup copy that I made when I had my system running successfully, and from Clover Configurator. No luck there. I also tried replacing the entire EFI directory with my backups, but again no luck.

I should mention that I am able to successfully boot into Windows 10 (installed on a separate drive), and I can see the card as an available network interface.

So now I'm just trying to get back to baseline. Do you have any thoughts on how I can get there, and what might have gone wrong along the way? Any help or direction would be heartily appreciated. Then I'll go back and do some proper research before attempting to get this card working again.

Many thanks,
David

anyone has patched i350 drivers for High Sierra/mojave? Thanks

Binary patched driver 1.2.5 (latest version from SmallTree for HighSierra and Mojave) for I211.

As I add smalltree kext, no matter original or patched file, kernel panic.
Onboard i350 4 port (IBM X3550 M4)

Frustrated 3 days, still can not solve it.

But already successfully modify 2 10GBe card.

For those who wants backup eeprom or rollback eeprom, under is my method.

As I add smalltree kext, no matter original or patched file, kernel panic. Onboard i350 4 port (IBM X3550 M4) Frustrated 3 days, still can not solve it. But already successfully modify 2 10GBe card.
You need to fake i350 to 1533 and define each port location in DSDT.
No others kext are need.
Xnip2019-08-05_21-31-57.jpg

Xnip2019-07-31_20-32-02.jpg

Back