Contribute
Register

Intel® Iris Graphics 6100 video acceleration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, here my questions:
- How do I get an ioreg list to check IMEI and see if I fixed my Bios, before I continue doing any test, please?

One easy way to check for IMEI is to use 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal.

- What range of values for ig-platform-id should I try according to your suggestion

You can extract all ig-platform-id from the framebuffer kext and try them all.
(you can also look at the connector data for each to find those that have 0306).
But 0x59120000 has all three external connectors (0105, 0204, 0306).

- I reset bios trying to fix the problem but nothing fixed. Now I have to find a flash to fix it! I do not know which one to get

If this is a cheap Chinese computer, it may not have IMEI (it is typical... I think Intel only grants license to those who pay for it).

- How can I tell if I have a ES/QS cpu?

Seems unlikely...

- I wonder how could I boot os x before without IMEI? Was'nt there one present at that time to be able to operate? Now I cannot even boot with any of my backups!

No idea. It could be that a BIOS flash damaged the IMEI firmware, and now it is gone.

Note that boot is still possible (with no IMEI) with invalid ig-platform-id or in safe mode.

This what I get with 'lspci -nn' IMEI seems to be there ...? Actually I tried installing Linux again and the flash reacted coming back to life. I restored installation and I am back!

Last edited:
I said "it seems to be there" because I am back into OS X already. I could not do it until I reset BIOS.

I understand that I have to look for connector 0306 within the range of Broadwell 0x162x000x only...
my questions are:
- What and where is the kext I need to look for? How do I look for the connector?

- I am using HDMI port now is that the 0306? how to look for it in IOreg please? IGPU?

- Do I need to do anything else for now besides changing the ig-platform-id? fakeID or others?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
I have exhausted my possibilities of finding something new with my search button...
I have read here and there but cannot get the solution.

I tried all Broadwell ig-platform-ids that I found as you said but none of them have 0306 connector.
The closest ones to my graphics 6100 are 0x162b0000, 0x162b0002, 0x162b0004 but they do not boot
However I have graphics 6100 and I still can boot fairly quick with 0x59120000 Kabylake...

Also, I cannot see what port I am connected to with my ioreg at GFX0@2 to discard anything...

May be it is the lack of IMEI as you mentioned before. Can I add imei with a hot patch?

Thanks,

I have exhausted my possibilities of finding something new with my search button...
I have read here and there but cannot get the solution.

I tried all Broadwell ig-platform-ids that I found as you said but none of them have 0306 connector.
The closest ones to my graphics 6100 are 0x162b0000, 0x162b0002, 0x162b0004 but they do not boot
However I have graphics 6100 and I still can boot fairly quick with 0x59120000 Kabylake...

Also, I cannot see what port I am connected to with my ioreg at GFX0@2 to discard anything...

May be it is the lack of IMEI as you mentioned before. Can I add imei with a hot patch?

Thanks,

If you have not fixed IMEI, expect bad results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back