Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z370-i
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 560
I installed High Sierra using multibeast and all is working good except for the video that is a bit shaky particularly when I play HD movies.
I have the following CPU and graphics, which is exactly the same as the one of the MacBook Pro "Core i7" 3.1 13-Inch (Early 2015 Retina Display)

CPU: Intel Core i7-5557U Broadwell architecture.
Processor Graphics: Intel® Iris Graphics 6100

I installed the “Intel graphics Fixup” and I wonder if this is the problem...
My question is do I need “Intel graphics Fixup”?
Do I need to uninstall it for better performance? How do I proceed please?
Do need to install a kext or drivers for it to work? or it will come with the osx directly?

Thanks advance

I installed High Sierra using multibeast and all is working good except for the video that is a bit shaky particularly when I play HD movies.
I have the following CPU and graphics, which is exactly the same as the one of the MacBook Pro "Core i7" 3.1 13-Inch (Early 2015 Retina Display)

CPU: Intel Core i7-5557U Broadwell architecture.
Processor Graphics: Intel® Iris Graphics 6100

I installed the “Intel graphics Fixup” and I wonder if this is the problem...
My question is do I need “Intel graphics Fixup”?
Do I need to uninstall it for better performance? How do I proceed please?
Do need to install a kext or drivers for it to work? or it will come with the osx directly?

Thanks advance

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

@RehabMan thanks for you direction. I went through the documents you suggested but unfortunately I could not find how to resolve it and I do not want to mess around what I have been building for weeks.
All in this system is working properly except for the video that needs a bit of a fix. Video works fine but it is only when I play 1080p or 4k movies that loses up a few frames. I would like to see it as smooth as possible.

Could you please be more specific on what I have change considering cpu and graphics natively supported?

I did my homework going through the guide in detail to fix graphics:
Checked Bios settings, CSM enable, VD-t disabled, Secure boot disabled, fast boot disabled, etc.
Checked DVMT-prealloc set as 64MB.

1- I did not find was DEP where can I find t?
2- I have installed Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext in /Library/Extensions.
Just to confirm: Do I have to add “ ig-platform-id=0x16260006 ” to Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist and I am done?

Last edited:
@RehabMan thanks for you direction. I went through the documents you suggested but unfortunately I could not find how to resolve it and I do not want to mess around what I have been building for weeks.
All in this system is working properly except for the video that needs a bit of a fix. Video works fine but it is only when I play 1080p or 4k movies that loses up a few frames. I would like to see it as smooth as possible.

Could you please be more specific on what I have change considering cpu and graphics natively supported?
I did my homework going through the guide in detail to fix graphics:
Checked Bios settings, CSM enable, VD-t disabled, Secure boot disabled, fast boot disabled, etc.
Checked DVMT-prealloc set as 64MB.

1- I did not find was DEP where can I find t?
2- I have installed Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext in /Library/Extensions.
Just to confirm: Do I have to add “ ig-platform-id=0x16260006 ” to Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist and I am done?

No problem reporting files attached.
Read post #2. Again. Carefully.

There you go

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    965.9 KB · Views: 144
  • RehabMan.zip
    34.4 KB · Views: 127
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 198
There you go

EFI/Clover is missing.
Your ioreg shows you're injecting ig-platform-id 0x59120000. 0x59120000 is valid for KabyLake, but invalid for Broadwell.

I changed to 0x16260006 using clover configurator but now it is not booting up...
clover is up there now.

Attachments

• IMG_1109.JPG
    IMG_1109.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 220
I changed to 0x16260006 using clover configurator but now it is not booting up...
clover is up there now.

You should try other ig-platform-id values...
Keep in mind 0x16260006 does not have the 0306 connector.
Also, your ioreg shows no Intel MEI on the PCIe bus. It is required.

Thanks, here my questions:
- How do I get an ioreg list to check IMEI and see if I fixed my Bios, before I continue doing any test, please?
- What range of values for ig-platform-id should I try according to your suggestion
- I reset bios trying to fix the problem but nothing fixed. Now I have to find a flash to fix it! I do not know which one to get
- How can I tell if I have a ES/QS cpu?
- I wonder how could I boot os x before without IMEI? Was'nt there one present at that time to be able to operate? Now I cannot even boot with any of my backups!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back