Contribute
Register

Intel iMac 2010 27'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I speak Russian.
Now I have hakintosh NUC D54250WYK.

I plan to buy a motherboard Z97I-PLUS, when she will be recommended for purchase.

So I guess there are problems with the cooling system, due to the limited thickness of place I plan to use the processor Broadwell with much less heat, which will soon replace the Hashwell.

The maximum thickness of the board to the processor must be less than 45mm.

While I bought a power supply, and two PCIe extender and miniPCIe
http://www.ebay.com/itm/271560846824?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=201156933461

View attachment 103264View attachment 103260View attachment 103263View attachment 103261View attachment 103262

I think it will be better to use Nuc without cover. Can you tell me what stuff you do on this imac? I'm wondering how strong is this nuc?

I think it will be better to use Nuc without cover. Can you tell me what stuff you do on this imac? I'm wondering how strong is this nuc?

NUC is a very weak computer. I use it for E-mail and web surfers. PDF drawings open very slowly.

NUC is a very weak computer. I use it for E-mail and web surfers. PDF drawings open very slowly.
That's what i heared. I'll put there some stronger pc anyway. Nuc is just for now. And what about the speakers? Where are they?

If you gut our 2010 models, would it be possible to fit a passively cooled Mini-ITX motherboard, possibly using the case as a heatsink for the CPU using some kind of thermal pad, and using a riser for a low profile graphics card, with vent holes drilled into the back of the case for the GPU fan or fans, or are I/O parts and chip heatsinks on the motherboard just too high to ever make using a Mini-ITX motherboard a possible proposition? Being limited to 16GB of ram doesn't thrill me, looking to the future, but it would worth it, perhaps, as a stopgap.

Looks like a very nice project, I will definitely follow it, I'm interested, where this is going.

Oh, and there are also "Nuc-like" computers with a dedicated GTX 760. If someone could cool this properly, you could really get a "beast" of an iMac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back