Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
H110M-E/M.2
CPU
I56402P
Graphics
Intel HD 510
Hello, do anybody can help me with the intel hd510 on the I5 6402p desktop CPU. I'm having a problem with igpu510 low VRAM on macOS Catalina. Please help me if anyone has a solution on this topic. thanks!

What are you using at the moment?

Post a copy of your CLOVER or OC folder so we can see what you are using.

Here is the file:-

Attachments

• Screenshot (233).png
    Screenshot (233).png
    34.4 KB · Views: 96
  • EFI.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 84
Last edited:
What are you using at the moment?

Post a copy of your CLOVER or OC folder so we can see what you are using.
I'm using Open core.
Screenshot (233).png

Only these device properties are working with 4MB VRAM. I have tried many device-id and AAPL,ig-platform-id but most of them not working, and if some of them work then getting 4MB VRAM. and this working EFI is open core.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 78
The device-id is for a Haswell IGPU, you should be using the device-id for a Skylake IGPU. This is what the OC guide recommends for a system with a P530 (another unsupported Skylake IGPU).

Screenshot 2021-01-23 at 19.24.03.png

You need to set yours the same, as these are the most likely Device Properties to work with your HD510 IGPU.

I have edited the /EFI/OC/config.plist you attached above, to incorporate these settings.

Screenshot 2021-01-23 at 19.29.31.png

Hopefully this will sort out your IGPU acceleration and VRAM issues.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    4.8 KB · Views: 95
The device-id is for a Haswell IGPU, you should be using the device-id for a Skylake IGPU. This is what the OC guide recommends for a system with a P530 (another unsupported Skylake IGPU).

View attachment 505968

You need to set yours the same, as these are the most likely Device Properties to work with your HD510 IGPU.

I have edited the /EFI/OC/config.plist you attached above, to incorporate these settings.

View attachment 505969

Hopefully this will sort out your IGPU acceleration and VRAM issues.
you are right but, when im using the device id in reference of opencore site im getting a blank screen after verbose mode. according to https://ark.intel.com/content/www/u...-6402p-processor-6m-cache-up-to-3-40-ghz.html my device id is 0x1902 or 02190000 when im using this device id im getting a blank screen after verbose mode so the only device id is working for me is the Haswell one but with 4MB VRAM. So i need a solution to the 4MB VRAM. And also take it in mind that my IGPU is not natively supported by IMAC and i need to patch it.

Edhawk.. I have also tried to boot with your config.plist but again I'm having the same problem with a blank screen or you can say no VGA after verbose without getting the apple logo I'm getting this problem blank screen.

You will never get full acceleration while using the Fake device-id for a Haswell IGPU setup, not while using the iMac17,1 SMBIOS.

You need to try one of the other Skylake framebuffers, to see if one works with your setup, you are already using a Mobile framebuffer, as they can drive a display. You will need to try one or more of the other Mobile framebuffers to see if any of them work with your IGPU. But without the Haswell device-id, that is a dead-end.

Screenshot 2021-01-24 at 16.28.20.png

As the screenshot above shows, there are no Skylake Desktop framebuffers that are meant to have a display connected. These Skylake Desktop framebuffers are all set to run 'Headless' (0 connectors) with a discrete GPU (AMD or Nvidia) driving the display.

As your IGPU is not natively supported you need to do one of two things:
  1. Install a compatible discrete GPU, so your IGPU runs 'Headless' as the iMac 17,1 SMBIOS expects.
  2. Change the SMBIOS to a system that expects to see just an IGPU, and hope you can get the fake device-id you use accepted. You may have better luck with one of the Desktop Kaby Lake framebuffers shown below.

Screenshot 2021-01-24 at 16.37.51.png

You will never get full acceleration while using the Fake device-id for a Haswell IGPU setup, not while using the iMac17,1 SMBIOS.

You need to try one of the other Skylake framebuffers, to see if one works with your setup, you are already using a Mobile framebuffer, as they can drive a display. You will need to try one or more of the other Mobile framebuffers to see if any of them work with your IGPU. But without the Haswell device-id, that is a dead-end.

View attachment 506044

As the screenshot above shows, there are no Skylake Desktop framebuffers that are meant to have a display connected. These Skylake Desktop framebuffers are all set to run 'Headless' (0 connectors) with a discrete GPU (AMD or Nvidia) driving the display.

As your IGPU is not natively supported you need to do one of two things:
  1. Install a compatible discrete GPU, so your IGPU runs 'Headless' as the iMac 17,1 SMBIOS expects.
  2. Change the SMBIOS to a system that expects to see just an IGPU, and hope you can get the fake device-id you use accepted. You may have better luck with one of the Desktop Kaby Lake framebuffers shown below.

View attachment 506045
do i have to use them directly with 0x or make 0x59230000 to 23590000 or something else.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back