Contribute
Register

Intel i7 7820x Build Need Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Everyone At Tonymacx86 so I work in the film industry and it looks like mac is where its at, thats why the hackintosh. So I'm primarily Work in Black Magic Da Vinci resolve and so I need it to be quite powerful.

BUT I DONT ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT IM DOING. so if anyone can take a look at the build and give me advice that would be so GREAT.

Thanks you.

Intel 7th Gen Core i7 7820X (4.5GHz, 20M Cache, 16x Cores) CPU

MSI X299 RAIDER LGA 2066 USB3.1 DDR4 Motherboard

GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OVERCLOCKED Ed. 11GB GDDR5X Card

Antec High Current GAMER 850W 80+ Modular PSU

[ DDR4 ] 16GB 2400MHz Quad Channel High Performance

RAM Corsair H60 High-Performance Liquid Cooler

500GB Ultra-Fast SSD Solid State Drive

3 Terabyte Harddrive

Last edited:
Hey Everyone At Tonymacx86 so I work in the film industry and it looks like mac is where its at, thats why the hackintosh. So I'm primarily Work in Black Magic Da Vinci resolve and so I need it to be quite powerful.

BUT I DONT ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT IM DOING. so if anyone can take a look at the build and give me advice that would be so GREAT.

Thanks you.

Intel 7th Gen Core i7 7820X (4.5GHz, 20M Cache, 16x Cores) CPU

MSI X299 RAIDER LGA 2066 USB3.1 DDR4 Motherboard

GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OVERCLOCKED Ed. 11GB GDDR5X Card

Antec High Current GAMER 850W 80+ Modular PSU

[ DDR4 ] 16GB 2400MHz Quad Channel High Performance

RAM Corsair H60 High-Performance Liquid Cooler

500GB Ultra-Fast SSD Solid State Drive

3 Terabyte Harddrive

X299 platform is just released and MacOS Sierra has no native support. You will most likely encounter lots of problems getting MacOS running on this system.

The next version of MacOS, High Sierra, may fare better on this system. The iMac Pro (ship in December) and the 2018 Mac Pro are rumored to use hardware similar to the X299 platform, and so High Sierra may have native support for the X299 platform after the release of these systems.

If you still want to try, search on the forum for other people using X299 systems.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back