Contribute
Register

Intel i7 3770k + Gigabyte GA-Z77x-UD5H install and testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget your thumb drive AND your Hard Drive must have a ivy bridge helper. Either 4.01 or 5.0. First step is to load and boot with thumb drive that has been created with unibeast (see the related forums on how), You have to run Bridge helper on thumb drive, after you have successfully booted into lion, download and install your update (10.7.3 or 10.7.4). After this reboot. Run Bridge Helper on Lion Drive. Now when your back rebooted into lion load your easy beast options one at a time and reboot after each option. You may get some kernel panics !!! Don't panic !!! May take a few for it to work. Usually if you get 10 or more, your Lion install is not going to work. Just be patient !!

I have the same system but a XFX 6870. Everything works until I get to the last bit with UserDSDT. There does not seem to be a DSDT for the UD5H in the database. In fact no GA-Z77s are listed. Am I missing something.

I've tried with EasyBeast and everything works fine except I loose my Ethernet. Any ideas?

Thanks a lot. Very helpful post so far.

Make sure your using a ethernet connection plugged into one of your ethernet ports on Motherboard. Run Multibeast. Go to network part of Multibeast. Run Aetheros selection and restart when done. Go back to multi beast and run the one for apple intel. Restart computer. That should get you your internet back. If not, make sure that the ports are enabled in Bios. According to several people working on things for Tony Mac, DSDT are not generally needed for this board. There are issues that Tony Mac team is working on for Ivy Boards in general. That is why you see no DSDT in that section for this board.

kevince52 said:
I have the same system but a XFX 6870. Everything works until I get to the last bit with UserDSDT. There does not seem to be a DSDT for the UD5H in the database. In fact no GA-Z77s are listed. Am I missing something.

I've tried with EasyBeast and everything works fine except I loose my Ethernet. Any ideas?

Thanks a lot. Very helpful post so far.

Run userDSDT but don't place any DSDTs on your desktop, these boards don't really need one, but checking that option sets everything else up.

Thanks for the help. Got Ethernet working. Had sound issues too. Followed the advice for Realtek sound and the device is found but no sound comes out of any port. I checked all 7, 6 back and 1 front. One on front does change internal speakers to headphones when it's plugged in in sound prefs but again no sound. Has anyone encountered that? Ive seen a few posts about sound only in orange and black ports but that doesn't seem to be the case for me.

Okay sound working. Same port mapping issues I've seen on other posts but I do have sound on optical out, orange and black. Headphones do register and change internal speakers to headphones but no sound out of there. Yet. Thanks for the help.

I have the same motherboard as you, but i havent found a DSDT for it. Which one did you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back