Contribute
Register

Intel i7 3770k + Gigabyte GA-Z77x-UD5H install and testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes integrated graphics (hd4000) work beautifully at 1024x768. That is your one and only choice. If you want 1920x1080, get a graphics card !! Or wait till Tony Mac team has a hd4000 driver. Most of your problems from what I see and hear you saying stem from picking and choosing how or what you are going to load. Purchase Lion from app store, make a unibeast install thumb drive, set your bios options correctly, load lion, download and run your update (10.7.3 or 10.7.4). Before you reboot, run the bridge helper, use 4.01 for best stability, make sure you run bridge helper on your thumb drive as well as your operating drive. Now run Multibeast and load easy beast. (don't run permissions). Now your computer should boot into lion with correct resolution. (Ex. 1920x1080 if graphics card supports and monitor does. Or the 1024x768 because your using onboard) Install the in multi beast in network the aetheros and mac intel. Restart computer. Should have internet. Now move to the audio. As in previous post of mine, look up Toleda guide in audio section of help forums here and follow guide to a "T". Now you should have sound. If you want Temp Monitoring in multi beast go to that section and load that kext. Restart computer. You should now have a very stable running Lion system. Hope you caught on to the "Restart Computer" after each kext you load from Multibeast. There is a very simplified guide in how to make this Board work !!! Hope that helps !!! If you skip or miss steps, your system won't work !! Good Luck !!!

randallphoto said:
ChairMao said:
I‘ve pretty much got the same specs as most people
Gigabyte GA-Z77x UD5H (F5)
8GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte LV (2x4GB) 1600 (PC3-12800) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM CAS 9-9-9-24 1.35V
(No Graphics card)

I believe i have set my bios correctly - although i am not able to find a definitive guide for this particular mobo bios settings as yet.

My problem is I use Chimera to boot, the splash screen comes up and i pop in my disc

Now maybe this is my fault am i able to use my MacBook Installation cd that came with my MacBook many years ago? Because when i play that disc in the drive the Apple grey screen comes up and indefinitely loads? Any suggestions? Could this be a bios problem or a case of using the wrong disc?

The reason i am worried is because i have an old G5 - i took the HDD out for that, placed it into my would be hackintosh - used chimera to boot and then select the hard drive. the exact same thing occurs - the apple logo loading screen indefinitely loads.
Wait, you are taking a PPC/G5 install of OSX and just putting it in your computer hoping it loads? Or Did you install lion from scratch? Did you build a bootable USB stick using unibeast? You can't just install directly from a retail disk. What version of OSX are you trying to install?

hi. I have an old G5 and took the hard drive out to see if i could boot from that (via Chimera) however like i said the grey apple logo simply loads.

I also have an old macbook (broke)'s installation disc and was trying to install snow leopard onto my 3770k system but likewise the apple screen will just load indefinitely. I am just trying to troubleshoot.

Thank u d503308. I think that will be the best method. Is it possible to run 3 displays off one card under a hackintosh (i was thinking a 5 series ati would do) or can you only be stuck with 2 - one off the gpu and one off the motherboard video out?

thanks again people

ChairMao said:
randallphoto said:
ChairMao said:
I‘ve pretty much got the same specs as most people
Gigabyte GA-Z77x UD5H (F5)
8GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte LV (2x4GB) 1600 (PC3-12800) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM CAS 9-9-9-24 1.35V
(No Graphics card)

I believe i have set my bios correctly - although i am not able to find a definitive guide for this particular mobo bios settings as yet.

My problem is I use Chimera to boot, the splash screen comes up and i pop in my disc

Now maybe this is my fault am i able to use my MacBook Installation cd that came with my MacBook many years ago? Because when i play that disc in the drive the Apple grey screen comes up and indefinitely loads? Any suggestions? Could this be a bios problem or a case of using the wrong disc?

The reason i am worried is because i have an old G5 - i took the HDD out for that, placed it into my would be hackintosh - used chimera to boot and then select the hard drive. the exact same thing occurs - the apple logo loading screen indefinitely loads.
Wait, you are taking a PPC/G5 install of OSX and just putting it in your computer hoping it loads? Or Did you install lion from scratch? Did you build a bootable USB stick using unibeast? You can't just install directly from a retail disk. What version of OSX are you trying to install?

hi. I have an old G5 and took the hard drive out to see if i could boot from that (via Chimera) however like i said the grey apple logo simply loads.

I also have an old macbook (broke)'s installation disc and was trying to install snow leopard onto my 3770k system but likewise the apple screen will just load indefinitely. I am just trying to troubleshoot.

Thank u d503308. I think that will be the best method. Is it possible to run 3 displays off one card under a hackintosh (i was thinking a 5 series ati would do) or can you only be stuck with 2 - one off the gpu and one off the motherboard video out?

thanks again people

It's because snow leopard and lion do not support the ivy bridge processors and for sure an install that was originally for PPC won't work at all. With lion 10.7.4 you can use the bridgehelper to install support for ivy bridge.

I'm not sure about the 5 series ATI, but my ATI 6870 runs 3 monitors no problem and it worked OOB, didn't have to do anything to make it work perfect. 2 displays at 1920x1080 and one a 2560x1440

Run all video off of YOUR video card if you expect full resolutions. Yes I have tried 2 or 3 ATI and 3 Nvidia cards. I am able to run at full resolution both dvi ports and a hdmi or mini hdmi depending upon the card. What I have noticed in your Monitor section in system prefs is the types of connection are not specified. Rather they are listed as main display, Display 1, display 2 ect.

Also people please understand this as Tony Mac has addressed this issue before. These are Hackintosh's NOT Macintosh's. Therefore you cannot take an apple recovery disc, a hard drive from an iMac, G5 ect, and make it work in a hack. If you could, there would be no need for a Tony Mac forum. Also do your homework and pay attention to hardware requirements !! G5 Macs are NOT AN INTEL PROCESSOR. For Hacks to work your first two battles are AN INTEL PROCESSOR. Secondly is your motherboard choice. Must have an Intel Chipset in it !!! On Motherboard Choices, Tony Mac has an EXCELLENT guide in what to look for in one. READ IT, FOLLOW IT, BUILD IT. Same for loading Snow Leopard to Lion to Mountain Lion. Follow the guides in each and every step !!! People write these for a reason, follow them. If people do the steps as outlined, you will be successful !!!

ypz801 said:
dealova said:
can we make the Intel LAN work too ?

On a Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H, Yes, we can.

Simply use the 'hnak's AppleIntelE1000e Ethernet' option in Multibeast, in stead of Atheros. Haven't tried using them both though. So I suggest you use either the Atheros or the Intel.

Good luck!

That's great news......can't wait this board on CustoMac Buyer's Guide 2012....

I'm a first time hackintosh-er and I got this board & this processor to start. Gotta say, much easier than I thought. I would highly recommend this board for future Ivy Bridge builders.

I installed both ethernet drivers but it seems that only the aetheros works. But I had that one installed first and then later installed the intel hoping it would solve the iCloud issue but the intel one doesn't do anything. It's okay though. And the iCloud issue was resolved from the latest bridgehelper.

bdoooh said:
I'm a first time hackintosh-er and I got this board & this processor to start. Gotta say, much easier than I thought. I would highly recommend this board for future Ivy Bridge builders.

I installed both ethernet drivers but it seems that only the aetheros works. But I had that one installed first and then later installed the intel hoping it would solve the iCloud issue but the intel one doesn't do anything. It's okay though. And the iCloud issue was resolved from the latest bridgehelper.

iCloud requires a vanilla non-modified kernel, that's why it didn't work until the latest bridge helper.

Hi, I have a similar build and get stuck in the same apple screen before installation. did you ever get past that?

Yes, use one of the back red USB ports for installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back