Contribute
Register

Intel i7 3770k + Gigabyte GA-Z77x-UD5H install and testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
viewtopic.php?p=383325#p383325

Using this DSDT and F7 made my audio work perfectly when I couldn't get it to work reliably for the life of me. (albeit from the orange jack)

I‘ve pretty much got the same specs as most people
Gigabyte GA-Z77x UD5H (F5)
8GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte LV (2x4GB) 1600 (PC3-12800) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM CAS 9-9-9-24 1.35V
(No Graphics card)

I believe i have set my bios correctly - although i am not able to find a definitive guide for this particular mobo bios settings as yet.

My problem is I use Chimera to boot, the splash screen comes up and i pop in my disc

Now maybe this is my fault am i able to use my MacBook Installation cd that came with my MacBook many years ago? Because when i play that disc in the drive the Apple grey screen comes up and indefinitely loads? Any suggestions? Could this be a bios problem or a case of using the wrong disc?

The reason i am worried is because i have an old G5 - i took the HDD out for that, placed it into my would be hackintosh - used chimera to boot and then select the hard drive. the exact same thing occurs - the apple logo loading screen indefinitely loads.

Please read previous posts on Tony Mac here as well as Graphics Installation. You mentioned no graphics card... Please read forum completely and you will see post after post of on-board graphics not working. Tony Mac has been announcing that they are working on a driver..... If you have to have it up and running today please read section on supported Graphics card and purchase one.

I don't understand, other people have been saying - on here - that the integrated graphics work?

ChairMao said:
8GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte LV (2x4GB) 1600 (PC3-12800) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM CAS 9-9-9-24 1.35V
(No Graphics card)

I believe i have set my bios correctly - although i am not able to find a definitive guide for this particular mobo bios settings as yet.

My problem is I use Chimera to boot, the splash screen comes up and i pop in my disc

Now maybe this is my fault am i able to use my MacBook Installation cd that came with my MacBook many years ago? Because when i play that disc in the drive the Apple grey screen comes up and indefinitely loads? Any suggestions? Could this be a bios problem or a case of using the wrong disc?

The reason i am worried is because i have an old G5 - i took the HDD out for that, placed it into my would be hackintosh - used chimera to boot and then select the hard drive. the exact same thing occurs - the apple logo loading screen indefinitely loads.

I think the integrated graphic card would work but only on lion (b/c the kernel is copied from lion). Therefore your installation of Snow Leopard won't work with HD 4000. For the second part, I've tried the DVD that came with my macbook to install Snow Leopard. It didn't work out for me. Maybe because it isn't a retail disc.

ChairMao said:
(No Graphics card)

Wait, you are taking a PPC/G5 install of OSX and just putting it in your computer hoping it loads? Or Did you install lion from scratch? Did you build a bootable USB stick using unibeast? You can't just install directly from a retail disk. What version of OSX are you trying to install?

dealova said:
can we make the Intel LAN work too ?

On a Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H, Yes, we can.

Simply use the 'hnak's AppleIntelE1000e Ethernet' option in Multibeast, in stead of Atheros. Haven't tried using them both though. So I suggest you use either the Atheros or the Intel.

Good luck!

Attachments

• MultiBeastsettings-GigabyteIvy.png
    MultiBeastsettings-GigabyteIvy.png
    171 KB · Views: 316
ypz801 said:
dealova said:
can we make the Intel LAN work too ?

On a Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H, Yes, we can.

Simply use the 'hnak's AppleIntelE1000e Ethernet' option in Multibeast, in stead of Atheros. Haven't tried using them both though. So I suggest you use either the Atheros or the Intel.

Good luck!

I haven't tried using them both at the same time, but using those drivers from multibeast, both the intel and atheros show up fine under networking. I've used both independently too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back