Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Intel i5 on chip graphics (i5-3570k) hd4000 - Can I use a DSDT with Catalina ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Edhawk

No offence meant by this but I think I pi88ed you off by clicking the flags etc., apologies. You must get fed up with people like me jumping the gun. Once again apologies.

Read through your missive and I will read through the WhateverGreen link you sent me.

Graphics

Reset Graphics and Devices pages to as you proposed and graphics shown are the same as my tick clicking are full tilt with transparency on drop down menus and popup windows. Before my fiddling and your mod the graphics were slow and video was a waste of time. The videos are good now and both HDMI ports still work.

Sound

When the apple logo comes on screen with the loading bar under the logo the machine makes a quiet bing. The computer does not have an internal speaker and is only connected by HDMI so somehow the HDMI is connecting.

Tried alcid 1, 2 and3 and number 1 showed front and back panel connections in the sound pref pane, no sound though except the startup "bing'.

In the boot part of CC I set alcid=1 and removed any other audio instances.

Taking on board your comments about "tick" bits interfering I re-read your info and re-enabled the ig-platform-id, the one previously used, still no sound. As there are three "desktop" id's I tried the second and third. The second gave me HDMI sound the third cancelled it. So I selected the second and now sound is working great.

Thanks

For your extremely valuable time, effort and patience thankyou.

Being saucy I have one last question.

In the popout picture below, if it is not a trade secret, where did you find the number to put in the properties value?

View attachment 554332

Please keep up the great work

Lesli

Lesli

Last edited:
Hi Edhawk

No offence meant by this but I think I pi88ed you off by clicking the flags etc., apologies. You must get fed up with people like me jumping the gun. Once again apologies.

Read through your missive and I will read through the WhateverGreen link you sent me.

Graphics

Reset Graphics and Devices pages to as you proposed and graphics shown are the same as my tick clicking are full tilt with transparency on drop down menus and popup windows. Before my fiddling and your mod the graphics were slow and video was a waste of time. The videos are good now and both HDMI ports still work.

Sound

When the apple logo comes on screen with the loading bar under the logo the machine makes a quiet bing. The computer does not have an internal speaker and is only connected by HDMI so somehow the HDMI is connecting.

Tried alcid 1, 2 and3 and number 1 showed front and back panel connections in the sound pref pane, no sound though except the startup "bing'.

Taking on board your comments about "tick" bits interfering I re-read your info and re-enabled the it-platform-id, the one previously used, still no sound. As there are three "desktop" id's I tried the second and third. The second gave me HDMI sound the third cancelled it. So I selected the second and now sound is working great.

Thanks

In the popout picture below, if it is not a trade secret, where did you find the number to put in the properties value?

Hi Edhawk

Graphics

Sound

Taking on board your comments about "tick" bits interfering I re-read your info and re-enabled the it-platform-id, the one previously used, still no sound. As there are three "desktop" id's I tried the second and third. The second gave me HDMI sound the third cancelled it. So I selected the second and now sound is working great.

Thanks

View attachment 554332View attachment 554332

Lesli

Lesli

Can you mark this thread as <Solved> if you are happy that the issues are now fixed.

Can you mark this thread as <Solved> if you are happy that the issues are now fixed.
Hi Edhawk
i remember all those years ago there was a button or tab to touch that finished the conversation. Cannot seem to find it now.
Give me a clue I can close the thread

lesli

Hi Edhawk
i remember all those years ago there was a button or tab to touch that finished the conversation. Cannot seem to find it now.
Give me a clue I can close the thread

lesli
done :)

Hi Edhawk
the kext to get my Atheros Wi-Fi working is 1080211family.kext. That now works but I am still waiting for my new Broadcom as you suggested.
many thanks.
Lesli

Hi Feartech,
Everything except Bluetooth, which I am working through, is working so far so this is a question on where a number came from. I know you pointed me at the evergreen text but I still did not see the number. I even went to the link for the Russian page and although a lot of it is easily translatable to the English version still cannot find the 05006201 number which is replacing the 07006201.

4C862661-B2C6-45C3-BF96-54FCB794EF65.jpeg

Please see attached thumbnail.
Everything you and Edhawk mostly makes sense to me except this bit.

The number/framebuffer came from the WhateverGreen.kext FAQ Manual, linked above. It has a section showing the Ivy Bridge IGPU framebuffers, as shown in the screenshot below.

Screenshot 2022-10-06 at 16.14.35.png Ivy Bridge IGPU framebuffers

The screenshot above shows the framebuffers that can be used with an Ivy Bridge IGPU. The four framebuffers that can be used to drive a display on a desktop system like yours, have been highlighted in the red rectangles.

The framebuffer 0x01620007 (07006201) is only used when an empty framebuffer is required, i.e. when a discrete graphics card is used to drive any display(s).

When the IGPU is used to drive the display you don't want to use an empty framebuffer, i.e. one with no connectors such as 0x01620007. Instead you want to use one of the four framebuffers listed below and as highlighted in the screenshot above.
  • 0x01660000 - 00006601
  • 0x01620005 - 05006201
  • 0x0166000A - 0A006601
  • 0x0166000B - 0B006601
That is where the framebuffer/number came from.

The number/framebuffer came from the WhateverGreen.kext FAQ Manual, linked above. It has a section showing the Ivy Bridge IGPU framebuffers, as shown in the screenshot below.

View attachment 555781 Ivy Bridge IGPU framebuffers

The screenshot above shows the framebuffers that can be used with an Ivy Bridge IGPU. The four framebuffers that can be used to drive a display on a desktop system like yours, have been highlighted in the red rectangles.

The framebuffer 0x01620007 (07006201) is only used when an empty framebuffer is required, i.e. when a discrete graphics card is used to drive any display(s).

When the IGPU is used to drive the display you don't want to use an empty framebuffer, i.e. one with no connectors such as 0x01620007. Instead you want to use one of the four framebuffers listed below and as highlighted in the screenshot above.
  • 0x01660000 - 00006601
  • 0x01620005 - 05006201
  • 0x0166000A - 0A006601
  • 0x0166000B - 0B006601
That is where the framebuffer/number came from.

Hi Edhawk
Very clear and succinct.
Thanks a lot for that and your time.

lesli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back