Contribute
Register

Intel i5-8400 using UHD 630 Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
@CaseySJ @jb007

After I got Audio and USB ports sorted thanks to @toleda and @jb007, respectively, I returned to the niggling question of video.

Because I was not sure if I had the "Apply Patches" checked in Hackintool on every run, I revisited each and every config we had tried. (It's not patience BTW... It's OCD):lol:

Anyway, this is the config that works absolutely the best.

I do not have to log in blind:clap:
The screens do not flicker or misbehave:clap:
Hotplugging monitors does not trigger a reboot:clap:
Switching resolutions does not cause a monitor to 'go black':clap:

I am, however stuck with DP @30Hz.:thumbdown

Considering that MiniZee has been reassigned a role as my personal HTPC, all I really need is HDMI 4K@60Hz. Therefore, I am 'calling it.'

The MiniZee build is COMPLETED... Not the complete success I had hoped for. But, C'mon! If any other team can do any better... Bring it on!... And, upload your EFI:mrgreen:

Attached, please find the pertinent data for the best config possible with our current knowledge.

Thanks again @CaseySJ for all the help. I will re-visit this when more information gives us a better answer.

View attachment 382063View attachment 382064
I am so glad to hear this!!

I am sorry we did not make it clear from the start that “Apply Current Patches” is critical. I added this point to the framebuffer patching guide a few days ago.

But I agree that for now you’re good to go because HDMI is the important connector.

Also keep in mind that the DisplayPort cable must be rated for DP v1.2 in order to support 4K60.

I am so glad to hear this!!

I am sorry we did not make it clear from the start that “Apply Current Patches” is critical. I added this point to the framebuffer patching guide a few days ago.

But I agree that for now you’re good to go because HDMI is the important connector.

Also keep in mind that the DisplayPort cable must be rated for DP v1.2 in order to support 4K60.

No worries! It's my responsibility to use the provided tools correctly.

As long as HDMI does not glitch on me. MiniZee has a new home in the Family Room. Only issue now is; that the Bluetooth dongle is not strong enough to reach the keyboard/Trackpad when sitting on the sofa about 5 meters away. (It's always something. Right?) So, BT plan B is in the works... I might try to go with 'Logitech' *GASP!*

No worries! It's my responsibility to use the provided tools correctly.

As long as HDMI does not glitch on me. MiniZee has a new home in the Family Room. Only issue now is; that the Bluetooth dongle is not strong enough to reach the keyboard/Trackpad when sitting on the sofa about 5 meters away. (It's always something. Right?) So, BT plan B is in the works... I might try to go with 'Logitech' *GASP!*

Hello, I have the same issue with the Z390 pro WiFi board and a i7-8700k chip. I can’t get the video working from the chip. I am about to take this whole thing back to the store. This has been the most difficult build. I’ve been at it since Monday.

Hello, I have the same issue with the Z390 pro WiFi board and a i7-8700k chip. I can’t get the video working from the chip. I am about to take this whole thing back to the store. This has been the most difficult build. I’ve been at it since Monday.

If you have tried the potential solutions detailed in this thread, then you know as much as I do. If you are wanting to use DP output with IGPU, then I suggest you read them carefully and go through each possible combination using Hackintool's patch feature.

If you are unfamiliar with HackinTool, I do suggest you read the "Idiot's Guide to Lilu and it's plugins" to become more acquainted with it. You will need it.

CaseySJ has posted several testing config.plist here which all have their upside and downside. They are numbered 1~7. You can use these to figure out which one gives you a best-case scenario and work from there.

Good Hunting!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back