Contribute
Register

Intel i5 4th gen, 16 GB ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS B85M-G
CPU
i5 > Need full CPU model number > See Forum Rules!
Graphics
HD 4600
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello experts,

My hackintosh on El Capitan had been fine with gt610 until apple dropped support for it. Can I increase the integrated Intel hd400 graphics memory to support hardware acceleration on Sierra ? I have 16 GB RAM.
If not, please suggest me a budget graphics card which can last at least 2 next versions of Mac os.

Thank you.

Hello experts,

My hackintosh on El Capitan had been fine with gt610 until apple dropped support for it. Can I increase the integrated Intel hd400 graphics memory to support hardware acceleration on Sierra ? I have 16 GB RAM.
If not, please suggest me a budget graphics card which can last at least 2 next versions of Mac os.

Thank you.

The amount of system ram you have is irrelevant. You need to do the proper steps to enable the HD4600 which works perfectly fine in Sierra. If you are looking for cheap card the a GT 710 had native support like the 610 but works in Sierra. As far as how long it will no one knows.

The amount of system ram you have is irrelevant. You need to do the proper steps to enable the HD4600 which works perfectly fine in Sierra. If you are looking for cheap card the a GT 710 had native support like the 610 but works in Sierra. As far as how long it will no one knows.
Appreciate your reply slim.jim,
It's only the uncertainty that I don't want to spend much on the new graphics card hence wanted to go via the integrated graphics. May I know if this integrated graphics will work properly with hardware acceleration. I only use hackintosh for normal use, no high end work like gaming, designing etc. Is there any reference guide or steps that I should get the integrated graphics working without flicker.

Thank you :)

You should just need to run Multibeast and choose HD4600.

You just need to set IGP as primary in BIOS. Plug your monitor into the board. Set Inject/Intel/True and enter the correct ig-platform-id.

You should just need to run Multibeast and choose HD4600.

You just need to set IGP as primary in BIOS. Plug your monitor into the board. Set Inject/Intel/True and enter the correct ig-platform-id.

Hello Slim.jim,
I'd removed the GT610 card and plugged-in the monitor to the board, changed the setting in BIOS to IGP. As of now, the display is without acceleration and some flicker with the Integrated Graphics for which I'd increased the memory to 1 GB. Now when I run the latest available Multi-Beast (9.0.1), I don't see the option of HD4600. Please refer attached screenshot of the same. Any option I can get this enabled somewhere ?

Thank you very much for looking/replying to my concerns :)

Attachments

• Sierra-Graphics-Options.zip
    56 KB · Views: 51
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back