Intel i5-4210U with HD4400 blinking white stripes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
EA80_HB
CPU
Intel i5-4210U
Graphics
Optimus (Intel HD Graphics 4400 + Nvidia GeForce 820M)
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, i'm a newbie with Hackintosh, and after lots of problems (Wifi, Audio...) i've succesfully installed Mac OS Sierra on my Acer Aspire E15 (E5-571g-5582). I just can't solve problems about Graphic card. My laptop cames with Optimus by Nvidia with a GeForce 820M an Intel HD4400 (I suppose). When i log on OSX display shows large white stripes on display, an lots of shakes when playing Fullscreen videos or app. I didn't edited by my own SSDT but just installed kexts to make everything works fine. Power Management seems ok but this problem is still irritating me. What can I do to solve this? If is not possible to make HD4400 to work properly, can I use only nvidia discrete card? I prefer to use Intel HD due to high battery drain of Nvidia GPU, but if there isn't a solution is better than nothing. Sorry for my bad English and thanks for helping me with your complete guides to solve other problems. I tried to solve it by my own like as past problems but i don't want to ruin all my work. Thanks.

Hi, i'm a newbie with Hackintosh, and after lots of problems (Wifi, Audio...) i've succesfully installed Mac OS Sierra on my Acer Aspire E15 (E5-571g-5582). I just can't solve problems about Graphic card. My laptop cames with Optimus by Nvidia with a GeForce 820M an Intel HD4400 (I suppose). When i log on OSX display shows large white stripes on display, an lots of shakes when playing Fullscreen videos or app. I didn't edited by my own SSDT but just installed kexts to make everything works fine. Power Management seems ok but this problem is still irritating me. What can I do to solve this? If is not possible to make HD4400 to work properly, can I use only nvidia discrete card? I prefer to use Intel HD due to high battery drain of Nvidia GPU, but if there isn't a solution is better than nothing. Sorry for my bad English and thanks for helping me with your complete guides to solve other problems. I tried to solve it by my own like as past problems but i don't want to ruin all my work. Thanks.

Not a desktop. Moved to laptop support.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Ok i followed your guides to patch DSDT and SSDT, i've just finish to do it but nothing changed. I've dropped OEM in Clover but i already can't adjust brightness and i already have glitches. I also can see in System, my Nvidia Chip on PCIe bus.

Ok i followed your guides to patch DSDT and SSDT, i've just finish to do it but nothing changed. I've dropped OEM in Clover but i already can't adjust brightness and i already have glitches. I also can see in System, my Nvidia Chip on PCIe bus.

If you read the guide, why is your profile not filled out as requested in the FAQ and guide?
Please fix before your next reply.

Also...
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Ok, hoping I've done it right.

Done it!

Attachments

• cicciomarrelli.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 192
Many problems:
- QE/CI not working due to incorrect config.plist settings
- ACPI patched incorrectly (wrong files in ACPI/patched, wrong settings in config.plist)

Probably you should start over by following the guides linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Thanks a lot, but can you tell me what's wrong, just to avoid to do same mistakes again? I haven't a perfect English, so is possible that i didn't understand something.:oops: If you tell me what i missed in config.plist i'll be more careful to do it. I know that there are errors, because lots of things doesn't work for now (suspend too). Is better to perform a clean install or I can fix this? Thanks for your patience, i'm grateful for your work in this world! :clap:

Thanks a lot, but can you tell me what's wrong, just to avoid to do same mistakes again? I haven't a perfect English, so is possible that i didn't understand something.:oops: If you tell me what i missed in config.plist i'll be more careful to do it. I know that there are errors, because lots of things doesn't work for now (suspend too). Is better to perform a clean install or I can fix this? Thanks for your patience, i'm grateful for your work in this world! :clap:

Start over.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

After following that guide, you will at least have working graphics.
You can then refer to the FAQ for other post-install procedures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back