CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630 | GTX 1060, 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi.

In a previous thread, I attempted to install Mojave on my Clevo N850HP6. This time, I tried once again to upgrade to Mojave from High Sierra, and could get through installation using a faked ig-platform-id (0x12345678).

Unfortunately, I am once again facing the same problems of booting to a black (but backlit) screen using WhateverGreen. I can tell that it boots properly as there is disk activity when I log in blindly. The only way to see my screen after boot is if I fake ig-platform-id again.

Kexts (all installed to /L/E):
FakeSMC.kext
Lilu.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext
WhateverGreen.kext

WhateverGreen Config:
AAPL,ig-platform-id - <00001b59>
disable-external-gpu - <01000000>
framebuffer-patch-enable - <01000000>
framebuffer-fbmem - <00009000>
framebuffer-stolenmem - <00003001>

Attached is my Clover folder, unfortunately unable to run gen_debug at the moment. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 138
Hi.

In a previous thread, I attempted to install Mojave on my Clevo N850HP6. This time, I tried once again to upgrade to Mojave from High Sierra, and could get through installation using a faked ig-platform-id (0x12345678).

Unfortunately, I am once again facing the same problems of booting to a black (but backlit) screen using WhateverGreen. I can tell that it boots properly as there is disk activity when I log in blindly. The only way to see my screen after boot is if I fake ig-platform-id again.

Kexts (all installed to /L/E):
FakeSMC.kext
Lilu.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext
WhateverGreen.kext

WhateverGreen Config:
AAPL,ig-platform-id - <00001b59>
disable-external-gpu - <01000000>
framebuffer-patch-enable - <01000000>
framebuffer-fbmem - <00009000>
framebuffer-stolenmem - <00003001>

Attached is my Clover folder, unfortunately unable to run gen_debug at the moment. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
MacBookPro14,1 would be a better choice

what happens when you use a config.plist from the laptop guide untouched?

MacBookPro14,1 would be a better choice

what happens when you use a config.plist from the laptop guide untouched?

Hi. Thanks for the assist. Yes, I actually use MacBookPro14,1 usually but I changed it to 14,3 for some experimentation.

I just ran an untouched config_HD615_620_630_640_650.plist and same outcome - black screen (backlit and functional).

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 114
Hi. Thanks for the assist. Yes, I actually use MacBookPro14,1 usually but I changed it to 14,3 for some experimentation.

I just ran an untouched config_HD615_620_630_640_650.plist and same outcome - black screen (backlit and functional).
difficult without your full problem reporting files

try without your dsdt and pnlf files from clover/patched folder

difficult without your full problem reporting files

try without your dsdt and pnlf files from clover/patched folder

Tried and same outcome.

Also, sorry about the full files, had to fiddle with the gen_debug script wrongly detecting my internet connection and finally got it working. Attached latest problem reporting files.

Attachments

• debug_11333.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 114
Tried and same outcome.

Also, sorry about the full files, had to fiddle with the gen_debug script wrongly detecting my internet connection and finally got it working. Attached latest problem reporting files.
so you managed to boot?

so you managed to boot?

Sorry. I meant I finally got the gen_debug script working. Still boots to black with latest reporting files.

Sorry. I meant I finally got the gen_debug script working. Still boots to black with latest reporting files.
you could try the skylake spoof config.plist to see if that helps

you could try the skylake spoof config.plist to see if that helps

Wow. Don't know why the spoof plist caused a KP before (maybe because I modified it), but using a fresh plist I finally managed to boot with 1536MB RAM. Thanks a lot for the solution!

Makes me wonder why native KBL worked in 10.13, but not in 10.14...but as long as it doesn't affect performance, I'll happily take this win for now.

Wow. Don't know why the spoof plist caused a KP before (maybe because I modified it), but using a fresh plist I finally managed to boot with 1536MB RAM. Thanks a lot for the solution!

Makes me wonder why native KBL worked in 10.13, but not in 10.14...but as long as it doesn't affect performance, I'll happily take this win for now.
could be a DVMT issue

but as you are up and running.. fantastic! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back