Contribute
Register

Intel HD Graphics Framebuffer Edits - Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
identified as having to do with the frame buffer memory size:
This thread addresses framebuffer connectors, not memory. You have posted to the 4K linked above, no need to double post.

so cool and thank u ... 1285L V3/P4700, does it can use this method?

My device:
GA g1.sniper z87, intel 1285L v3, 8G ddr3 , broadcom 94331 wifi+bluetooth.

ASUS Z97M-PLUS
i5-4690
No external Graphics.
OS 10.11.6

I have been using one display (Samsung 245t 1920x1200) with no issues on 4600, but now trying to connect 2nd display (Samsung 173p 1280x1024), and having issues.

The bigger screen ( 1920x1200 ) looks like this on first boot when both displays are connected:
IMG_20161119_194820.jpg

The smaller (1280x1024) is perfectly fine.

If I put computer to sleep and wake up after a minute - both displays work fine(!)

I tried clover patches from config-hdmi_hd4600-100.plist. Startting from Display 7. Now enabled all three. Does not seem to have any effect.

Without patches My DVI port is 0x5, HDMI is 0x0. Can't check displayport - don't gave a device to connect there.

Smaller screen is on HDMI ( using HDMI->DVI cable)
Larger screen is on DVI ( DVI -> DVI cable )
Tried swapping ports, same result: Smaller screen is fine, larger is squeezed.

About My Mac see both screens as it should - model names, resolutions - looks correct.

Attached are files, when All three port patches are enabled, and two displays are connected ( smaller screen on HDMI )

Attachments

• Arseni’s iMac.ioreg.zip
    765.5 KB · Views: 86
  • config.plist
    6.3 KB · Views: 218
Hi, toleda or RehabMan or whoever else can help me. I am having a very strange issue on my desktop (for specs -> Desktop in signature at bottom of post). I have a primary monitor which is connected with an HDMI to HDMI cable and it works just fine. I wanted to connect a second monitor and that one is DVI to DVI single-link. Now when I boot with both displays connected, everything works fine until the apple boot screen. In the middle of the booting process, the HDMI display goes black for a second and then starts normally. The second display however is all scrambled with lots of lines (can provide image if you need it). It clones everything that is on the HDMI monitor but scrambled. I used to use this set up on OS X Yosemite, but since upgrading to Sierra, I've had this issue. Now here comes the weird thing. My mobo has an HDMI port and a DVI port. When I go to about this mac or display settings or anywhere, it only recognises 1 display (the HDMI one) and the other is nowhere to be found even though it's connected to the Integrated HD Graphics 4600 through its respective DVI port. But when you have just the DVI one connected, that monitor works and is recognised. It's only when you have both connected at the same time, that it happens. I've tried everything I read online (Injecting EDID, your patches, framebuffer connector patches and more) to no avail. I would really like to get the second display working because I do video editing on the HD 4600 until we get Pascal GTX 1080 drivers. I also tried connecting an Apple Cinema HD Display through dvi and it still does the same thing.

I have attached the IORegs with both monitors connected, with only the HDMI one connected and my config.plist. BTW the config.plist patches were done step-by-step and checked in between patching, not all at once.
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Files.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back