Intel HD Graphics Framebuffer Edits - Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
HD4600+/HD4000/HD3000 Framebuffer Edits

Sorry by the off-topic.

I go to post on thread correct

Thanks by all

Well I just made the assumption that DP was really 0x7 even though it was showing as 0x0 in IOJones and it worked!

Thanks a bunch, all three monitors are up and running.

Hallo mate.

I recon you solved your problem with the AppleintelAzulframebuffers on your z87x ud5 th.
I have the same mobo and are struggling with the edits. is it possible for you to share your working kext?

Thank's in advance

obus

s it possible for you to share your working kext?
The purpose of this thread to provide each user with the tools to solve their problem. Using some else's kext is great until the next update, then what? What do you mean by "struggling with the edits"?

The purpose of this thread to provide each user with the tools to solve their problem. Using some else's
kext is great until the next update, then what? What do you mean by "struggling with the edits"?

I totally agree Toleda but sometimes you just get stuck and at this point when you spent evening after evening you just get pissed off.

Is it possible for you to have a look? My problem is that I can only boot in verbose mode. Everything seems to work with the D patch. I have working sound on my Thunderbolt DP-port but no working HDMI sound on my HDMI-port. Nothing at all on my DVI-port. With the D-patch,with only DP-Thunderbolt connected,the port (05,06,07) is changing with every boot but the sound is working on all ports. After reinstalling I only see two connected ports (05,06) and the third one as 00.
Is the thunderbolt display showing up as a HDMI/DVI or as a DP?
This ioreg is with the original azulframebuffer and all three displays connected. only two is showing up in ioreg.

Please give me some guidance.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    50.7 KB · Views: 212
  • config.plist
    3.8 KB · Views: 313
  • SSDT.aml
    2.1 KB · Views: 224
  • obus iMac.ioreg
    2.7 MB · Views: 217

My problem is that I can only boot in verbose mode.
I assume you are asking about the z87x-ud5. Connect only the DP monitor with the native framebuffer, normal boot? If no, reply with IOReg.

DP Audio is not working because the installed AppleHDA.kext does not support it; install MultiBeast 6.3/ALC898

Framebuffer Azul-d is not appropriate for your system. Based on the IOReg, HDMI is on port 05, DVI is on port 06 and DP is port 07, Azul-c is the best choice. Reply with new IOReg.

To be clear, HD4600 supports 3 displays, however, only 2 can have audio (DP and/or HDMI)

Hi toleda.
Thank's for your reply.
ioreg for TH-display,normal frame buffer with multi beast AppleHDA version 2.6.0f1 kext.
Normal booting maybe three out of ten restarts.

Attachments

• native_frambuffer_Thunderbolt_display.ioreg
    3 MB · Views: 187

Normal booting maybe three out of ten restarts.
Audio is not working. Attach the AppleHDA.kext
When it doesn't boot, what is the last message?
Confirm what display is connected to what motherboard port?

Audio is not working. Attach the AppleHDA.kext
When it doesn't boot, what is the last message?
Confirm what display is connected to what motherboard port?

Sorry Toleda my mistake.
Wrong AppleHDA kext. Now appleHDA from latest MultiBeast. Sound working but not boot more than maybee three out of ten restarts.
My display Pioneer TV is connected to one of two thunderbolt ports.
I can't see what the last message is because when starting in verbose mode with or without caches it always starts. same if i start with no caches only.

Ok.
I tried with c-patch and all of my displays connected. Port 05 (HDMI to Pioneer) and port 06 (minidisplayadapter from thunderbolt port to Harman Kardon) is working with audio. Third port is 00 and should show up as DVI but doesn't show up connected as all.

Still can't boot without verbose mode.

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    843.4 KB · Views: 161
  • Thunderbolt_DP-Port_Native_framebuffer.ioreg
    2.9 MB · Views: 159
  • Three displays_c-patch.ioreg
    3.1 MB · Views: 181

I can't see what the last message is because when starting in verbose mode with or without caches it always starts. same if i start with no caches only.
What does "not boot more than maybe three out of ten restarts" mean? Caches have nothing to do with what shows during boot. What happens the 7 times: hangs (what is last message on screen?), KPs, (auto restart and verbose is gone?) etc.?

Exactly what port is connected to what device, including adapters. My guess:
TV is not connected to the HDMI port, it is connected to a DP/port 5 with a DP2HDMI adapter; means c is wrong patch.
Amp is connected to DP/port 6 with a DP/HDMI adapter
DVI display is connect to DVI/port 7 and not working.

What does "not boot more than maybe three out of ten restarts" mean? Caches have nothing to do with what shows during boot. What happens the 7 times: hangs (what is last message on screen?), KPs, (auto restart and verbose is gone?) etc.?
Exactly what port is connected to what device, including adapters. My guess:
TV is not connected to the HDMI port, it is connected to a DP/port 5 with a DP2HDMI adapter; means c is wrong patch.
Amp is connected to DP/port 6 with a DP/HDMI adapter
DVI display is connect to DVI/port 7 and not working.

Normal boot hangs when showing Apple logo without spinning wheel.
Verbose mode always just boot fine.
Never KP but sometimes freeze and restart.

You are right about the device connected to the ports. The DVI is a InFocus projector connected over DVI without sound
Does that mean it should be patch-a?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back