CPU
Intel Core i5 1.7 GHz
Graphics
Intel HD 4000
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi everyone! I've been following dodvip123's Dell Inspiron 15 7559 guide since it seems the closest to my system (in signature) plus Going Bald's MultiBooting UEFI guide, and I got Sierra + Win10 on the same SSD with Clover UEFI. So far the only issue I couldn't fix myself is that I can only boot using a graphics FakeID (0x12345678) meaning I'm getting "Intel HD Graphics 530 7 MB" with no acceleration and glitches. I've been trying A LOT of solutions from the forums, so I'm listing them here:
  • All combinations of InjectIntel On/Off, ig-platform-id 0x19120000,0x19160000,0x191b0000
  • All combinations of minStolenSize and DVMT-prealloc patches (can't change in BIOS afaik)
  • Lilu.kext + IntelGraphicsFixup.kext in /L/E (then clearing cache, restarting with FakeID, restarting again normal)
Any other than FakeID gives me the attached panic, even if I use InjectIntel Off. This confuses me since I thought HD530 was supported "ootb" since 10.11.4. Laptop has 3 external display outputs (HDMI, VGA and Display Port) and the internal display is 1920x1080. What am I missing here? :(
Attached all "problem reporting" files. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• asset-3.JPG
    asset-3.JPG
    920.8 KB · Views: 192
  • asset-1.JPG
    asset-1.JPG
    813.3 KB · Views: 224
  • asset-2.JPG
    asset-2.JPG
    733.8 KB · Views: 207
  • terminal.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 91
  • clover.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 100
  • ioreg.zip
    533.8 KB · Views: 104
  • patchmatic.zip
    45.6 KB · Views: 86
Hi everyone! I've been following dodvip123's Dell Inspiron 15 7559 guide since it seems the closest to my system (in signature) plus Going Bald's MultiBooting UEFI guide, and I got Sierra + Win10 on the same SSD with Clover UEFI. So far the only issue I couldn't fix myself is that I can only boot using a graphics FakeID (0x12345678) meaning I'm getting "Intel HD Graphics 530 7 MB" with no acceleration and glitches. I've been trying A LOT of solutions from the forums, so I'm listing them here:
  • All combinations of InjectIntel On/Off, ig-platform-id 0x19120000,0x19160000,0x191b0000
  • All combinations of minStolenSize and DVMT-prealloc patches (can't change in BIOS afaik)
  • Lilu.kext + IntelGraphicsFixup.kext in /L/E (then clearing cache, restarting with FakeID, restarting again normal)
Any other than FakeID gives me the attached panic, even if I use InjectIntel Off. This confuses me since I thought HD530 was supported "ootb" since 10.11.4. Laptop has 3 external display outputs (HDMI, VGA and Display Port) and the internal display is 1920x1080. What am I missing here? :(
Attached all "problem reporting" files. Thanks in advance!
appropriate config.plist from the clover guide:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

for your video card

also read up on:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Well thanks but as I've detailed, I've tried everything that's on the "Laptop Frequent Questions" thread and as far as I can tell, the suggested config.plist uses an ig-platform-id I've already tried (0x19160000) and the same patches that are already on my config.plist, so I wouldn't know what to change here…

Well thanks but as I've detailed, I've tried everything that's on the "Laptop Frequent Questions" thread and as far as I can tell, the suggested config.plist uses an ig-platform-id I've already tried (0x19160000) and the same patches that are already on my config.plist, so I wouldn't know what to change here…

You must correctly activate the framebuffer patch as per guide.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

It isn't about trying different combinations randomly... it is about following the procedures as written.

You must correctly activate the framebuffer patch as per guide.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

It isn't about trying different combinations randomly... it is about following the procedures as written.

Thanks! Sure I wasn't trying to randomly try things, I was (am) trying to understand what's actually the problem, but I also try to exhaust all possibilities if I can since I don't have the knowledge to comprehend some of the inner workings some times. I think I mentioned it but I've tried that patch (with the whole procedure, rebuilding my kextcache in Terminal), should be on the config.plist I've attached. Sadly, I tried feartech suggestion (the premade config.plist + my particular memory config) and now Clover doesn't even see my macOS partition…

Thanks! Sure I wasn't trying to randomly try things, I was (am) trying to understand what's actually the problem, but I also try to exhaust all possibilities if I can since I don't have the knowledge to comprehend some of the inner workings some times. I think I mentioned it but I've tried that patch (with the whole procedure, rebuilding my kextcache in Terminal), should be on the config.plist I've attached.

Your config.plist has the FB patch.
Now you need to activate it correctly.
Correct way:
- boot with an invalid ig-platform-id (not the same as invalid FakeID!!)
- rebuild cache
- reboot with valid ig-platform-id

Sadly, I tried feartech suggestion (the premade config.plist + my particular memory config) and now Clover doesn't even see my macOS partition…

Your mistake. You didn't read the guide carefully.
It is very clear about HFSPlus.efi, and you forgot it.

from the guide:
Note: Please, DO NOT forget HFSPlus.efi. Without it, you won't see any HFS+ partitions, including the HFS+ partition that the OS X installer is on.

Note: For Clover legacy, HFSPlus.efi is built-in (Clover legacy loads no drivers from drivers64UEFI anyway)

from the guide:
Note: Please, DO NOT forget HFSPlus.efi. Without it, you won't see any HFS+ partitions, including the HFS+ partition that the OS X installer is on.

Note: For Clover legacy, HFSPlus.efi is built-in (Clover legacy loads no drivers from drivers64UEFI anyway)
Thank you guys for your patience! Since I was following the other guide (dodvip123's) and it didn't mention HFSPlus (and I could boot fine without it) I assumed changing just the config.plist wouldn't break it. But of course, assuming + ignorance is the root of all evil :p

I booted from my install media and got the original config.plist back, tried RehabMan's procedure again (I've done it like that before) with his DVMT-prealloc patch (NOT minStolenSize patch) and got the same panic with ig-platform-id 0x19160000, 0x191b0000, and a somewhat different one with 0x19120000 (attached). I was changing those values from Clover's Options and left FakeID as it was (0x00000000). Is DVMT-prealloc the only patch necessary? Because I have others in my config (attached on the op) and now I'm questioning if I got them right.

Attachments

• asset-4.JPG
    asset-4.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 111
Thank you guys for your patience! Since I was following the other guide (dodvip123's) and it didn't mention HFSPlus (and I could boot fine without it) I assumed changing just the config.plist wouldn't break it. But of course, assuming + ignorance is the root of all evil :p

I booted from my install media and got the original config.plist back, tried RehabMan's procedure again (I've done it like that before) with his DVMT-prealloc patch (NOT minStolenSize patch) and got the same panic with ig-platform-id 0x19160000, 0x191b0000, and a somewhat different one with 0x19120000 (attached). I was changing those values from Clover's Options and left FakeID as it was (0x00000000). Is DVMT-prealloc the only patch necessary? Because I have others in my config (attached on the op) and now I'm questioning if I got them right.

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back