CPU
i7 6600k
Graphics
HD530
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I bit the bullet and updated a clone of Sierra 10.12.4 today. I was expecting to either have a Kernel panic or boot to a black screen without using Lilu.kext and IntelGrphicsFixup.kext...

Interestingly I had no issues at all... clean install no need for the kexts or AGDP 1.3 to be reinstalled.

I'm injecting Intel 0x19120000 and have 2 patches for a 2 port patch to match my DP port 1.2 and HDMI port 1.4 on my motherboard...

I've posted more details here if you're interested - Credit to 2 port patch and patching work all @RehabMan Thanks..

See images below for more info... I've added my config but removed serial numbers for iMessage etc so would need tweaking for your system obviously.
Screen Shot 2017-05-25 at 19.07.27.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-25 at 19.07.05.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-25 at 19.01.25.png

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.3 KB · Views: 678
Do you have working sleep/wake with this setup? (long shot, I know...)

Tested sleep - same crash on wake with drivers failure:

com.apple.message.domain: com.apple.sleepwake.failure

com.apple.message.signature3: Wake

com.apple.message.signature: Drivers Failure

com.apple.message.signature2: IGPU(),XHC(XHC),IMEI(),SATA(),RP03(AirPort_Brcm4360),RP05(AppleUSBXHCIAR),HDEF(),GLAN(IntelMausi)

com.apple.message.value: -1

com.apple.message.summarize: NO

SenderMachUUID: 9D53682B-1965-3BAD-9E29-0FD0D7B42BD4

I bit the bullet and updated a clone of Sierra 10.12.4 today. I was expecting to either have a Kernel panic or boot to a black screen without using Lilu.kext and IntelGrphicsFixup.kext...

Interestingly I had no issues at all... clean install no need for the kexts or AGDP 1.3 to be reinstalled.

I'm injecting Intel 0x19120000 and have 2 patches for a 2 port patch to match my DP port 1.2 and HDMI port 1.4 on my motherboard...

I've posted more details here if you're interested - Credit to 2 port patch and patching work all @RehabMan Thanks..

See images below for more info... I've added my config but removed serial numbers for iMessage etc so would need tweaking for your system obviously.View attachment 257265View attachment 257266View attachment 257267

Hi,

Does video work using HDMI?

Thanks.

Can you clarify? I'm using display port but can test using HDMI? What do you mean video? You mean iTunes content or media streaming or YouTube or playing local media?

Cheers O

I mean is there any issue outputting display to HDMI port and if hardware acceleration works

I mean is there any issue outputting display to HDMI port and if hardware acceleration works

Interestingly and irritatingly my system does actually kernel panics booting using HDMI... I haven't checked hotswaping to HDMI yet... but I will ... booting to display port is fine as before...

I could never get more than 1080 using HDMI with this 2 port patch or by using the Mac-pixel-clock patch ... so it's not right for HDMI... but as I use DP I've not really tried to fix it! I'll try a hot swap uni expect it'll crash.

Interestingly and irritatingly my system does actually kernel panics booting using HDMI... I haven't checked hotswaping to HDMI yet... but I will ... booting to display port is fine as before...

I could never get more than 1080 using HDMI with this 2 port patch or by using the Mac-pixel-clock patch ... so it's not right for HDMI... but as I use DP I've not really tried to fix it! I'll try a hot swap uni expect it'll crash.

Hot swapping results in a black screen - no crash as can use screen sharing from my MacBook to reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back