Motherboard
Acer Aspire E15-574-78LR
CPU
i7 6500U
Graphics
HD 520
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello, I've been trying to fix the HDMI connection on my laptop, and its been frustrating because the connection type keeps resetting when connecting the HDMI, can anyone help me figure this out?
My laptop has 2 externals connections, HDMI and VGA, with the files I uploaded, VGA is working fine and internal display is working. in other hand when I connect the HDMI my internal display turns black and HDMI works. I don't know if brightness is related, but it's working and don't save across restarts.
Every help is appreciated, thank you.

Attachments

• debug.zip
    8.4 MB · Views: 66
Hello, I've been trying to fix the HDMI connection on my laptop, and its been frustrating because the connection type keeps resetting when connecting the HDMI, can anyone help me figure this out?
My laptop has 2 externals connections, HDMI and VGA, with the files I uploaded, VGA is working fine and internal display is working. in other hand when I connect the HDMI my internal display turns black and HDMI works. I don't know if brightness is related, but it's working and don't save across restarts.
Every help is appreciated, thank you.
Remove the framebuffer patches for framebuffer-con0 in config.plist/Devices/Properties/PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0). On all (I think) laptops, when the HDMI is plugged in, the connector-type of AppleIntelFramebuffer@1 changes from <00 08 00 00> to <00 04 00 00> but that doesn't affect audio or the built-in display. In fact I tried both a VGA and an HDMI monitor at the same time and I had triple-monitor working fine.
Other things I noticed:
-You have some ACPI files in CLOVER/ACPI which do nothing if don't place them in CLOVER/ACPI/patched.
-WhateverGreen.kext and all other kexts you need belong to /L/E, not /S/L/E.
-Remove the patch "t2-10.11.4-SKL-1912000-Port_0x5-DP2HDM" from config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch.
-Did you try other ig-platform-id values?

Remove the framebuffer patches for framebuffer-con0 in config.plist/Devices/Properties/PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0). On all (I think) laptops, when the HDMI is plugged in, the connector-type of AppleIntelFramebuffer@1 changes from <00 08 00 00> to <00 04 00 00> but that doesn't affect audio or the built-in display. In fact I tried both a VGA and an HDMI monitor at the same time and I had triple-monitor working fine.
Other things I noticed:
-You have some ACPI files in CLOVER/ACPI which do nothing if don't place them in CLOVER/ACPI/patched.
-WhateverGreen.kext and all other kexts you need belong to /L/E, not /S/L/E.
-Remove the patch "t2-10.11.4-SKL-1912000-Port_0x5-DP2HDM" from config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch.
-Did you try other ig-platform-id values?

Still not working...
The ACPI files was old Sierra fixes if I'm not mistaken that I was lazy to delete. :D
Moved Lilu and WhateverGreen kexts to /L/E
And tried all the available ig-platform-ids for my device.
It''s not a hardware issue because it's working on Linux Mint and Windows.

Still not working...
The ACPI files was old Sierra fixes if I'm not mistaken that I was lazy to delete. :D
Moved Lilu and WhateverGreen kexts to /L/E
And tried all the available ig-platform-ids for my device.
It''s not a hardware issue because it's working on Linux Mint and Windows.
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Also, your profile is missing screen resolution. Please fix as per FAQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back