Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. iMac
  3. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all my first post, just built a gigabyte H87M-H3D with Intel core i5 3.2Ghz quad into a power mac mirror door mod. Everything is in, SL is on using multi beast, issue I'm having are:

machine boots goes to tonymac screen loads then resets straight after apple logo screen.

Osx 10.6.8 not seeing graphics or audio.

Im I mo best to upgrade to lion or mountain lion?

or has anybody got a dsdt for the motherboard gigabyte H87M-H3D?
i will be posting pictures of the case mod if you guys are interested.
Also this is my first hackintosh. I have a MacBook core i5 2.4 if that can help?

okay, so I have tried to install mavericks, however I'm i best doing a clean install, ie wipe the drive and start again? As it didn't work at all just following the guide provided, 1. On boot up it was all snowing
2. Selected USB again and selected the new mavericks install, but it said can't find.

So guessing clean install will be best?

Welcome to the forums iCan-Mac,

This guide will show you the basic process (it uses last years hardware/software, but is otherwise the same)
http://www.tonymacx86.com/340-snow-leopard-mountain-lion-ivy-bridge-installation-video-guide.html

I suggest that you arm your self with a Retail copy of Snow Leopard and iBoot Haswell (see downloads section)
Please note that the grey copies that Apple supplied with older product do not work.

Useful links:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/announcements/115286-iboot-haswell-1-0-1-update.html

This should get you started on the process. Good luck

Adrian B

Hi all my first post, just built a gigabyte H87M-H3D with Intel core i5 3.2Ghz quad into a power mac mirror door mod. Everything is in, SL is on using multi beast, issue I'm having are:

machine boots goes to tonymac screen loads then resets straight after apple logo screen.

Osx 10.6.8 not seeing graphics or audio.

Im I mo best to upgrade to lion or mountain lion?

or has anybody got a dsdt for the motherboard gigabyte H87M-H3D?
i will be posting pictures of the case mod if you guys are interested.
Also this is my first hackintosh. I have a MacBook core i5 2.4 if that can help?

Snow Leopard will never boot from HDD with your Haswell hardware.
Since you have 10.6.3 installed and upgraded to 10.6.8, download Mavericks and install it with UniBeast. See http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html
Mavericks is best version OS X to use with Haswell board/CPU. ML 10.8.5 got Haswell support, but not completely and still has bugs.

OK, clean install worked. Now have system running perfectly apart from an iTunes error 50, which I have just found a fix for in another form on this site.

iCan-Mac

If you are running on Mavericks...

Suggest you take some pictures of the ALL of the BIOS settings and post these for others who have this motherboard to share with them as this MB has been a problem for some users to get SL installed to and working.

tote

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back