Contribute
Register

Intel HD4600 5 mb vram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please remove the current kexts inside "Other" and just have FakeSMC and your Integrated Ethernet.
For your Intel HD 4600 you don't need any of those ketxs currently in Other folder.
All you need is to retain your config.plist editing as shown in Image # 3, I have shown as Perfect.

You don't need 0x12345678 typed in ; default are just Zeros in that box. That is what I suggested you to edit as 0x00000000

Incorrect. Kexts in EFI/Clover/kext/other are needed for booting into the recovery partition. Has nothing to do with Intel HD 4600. GraphicsFixup can be left its used for patching Framebuffer although better to install in L/E.

Incorrect. Kexts in EFI/Clover/kext/other are needed for booting into the recovery partition. Has nothing to do with Intel HD 4600. GraphicsFixup can be left its used for patching Framebuffer although better to install in L/E.
  • I never mentioned kexts are NOT needed in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder.
  • Nowhere did I indicate the contents of "Other" folder is responsible for the current boot problem.
  • I emphasized that "Other" should have FakeSMC.kext and optionally the Ethernet Kext. They were missing. FakeSmc is a must for successful booting.
  • Installing Kexts in the numbered kexts folders IS NOT A GOOD IDEA when the Other folder is used for the same.
  • Placing Kexts in the Root of kexts folder goes against the accepted CLOVER Directory Structure. The kexts folder is usually empty of any files and contains only Sub-folders. [https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/What-is-what#Directory-structure]
  • The extra kexts the OP had installed in "Other" folder -Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext , may not be needed for HD4600 in Q87 MoBo. [ Please provide an accepted reference if you have to correct myself, in case I am wrong ]
  • The proper way to set up the config.plist for the intended Intel HD 4600 is already done in the image I noted as "Perfect".
  • Although I don't have an Intel Q87 MoBo, in my GA-Z97X-UD5H I have successfully installed OS X from ML to MacOS HighSierra without any other additional kexts. I have not installed the current Intel HDs like Intel HD 530 that require such kexts.
  • I urge you to give published references to support your remark that I have given "incorrect" advice to those who ask for help.

don't use the fake platform-id 0x12345678

I would guess the default settings should be ok. But your monitor is connected to the VGA port.

do you have a monitor has a DVI port for testing.

Hi guys,
I am facing the same issue installing high sierra 10.13.3. I fresh installed the os and it was getting stuck at the blank screen. Reading my of the threads i somehow managed to get to the desktop screen. Display shows 5mb vram. I tried the changes in devices and the graphics section of the clover configurator as mentioned by rehabman but no success. Also tried the lilu and intelgraphicsfixup by rehabman but didn't work. I don't have a hdmi monitor soo vga was the only option. Finally after trying to troubleshoot this issue for one full day i am here in this thread. Can someone please help regarding this issue :(

don't use the fake platform-id 0x12345678

I would guess the default settings should be ok. But your monitor is connected to the VGA port.

do you have a monitor has a DVI port for testing.
Can u please help me with the problem that i am facing to get my intel hd 4600 graphics running...

Can u please help me with the problem that i am facing to get my intel hd 4600 graphics running...
As long as you are using VGA port you will not get QE/CL support on your HD 4600. Like others have mentioned, you need to use digital cables like dvi/dp/hdmi and reintall OS while connected to display via digital cable. I am telling you because I have tried and wasted my time trying to make it work.

As long as you are using VGA port you will not get QE/CL support on your HD 4600. Like others have mentioned, you need to use digital cables like dvi/dp/hdmi and reintall OS while connected to display via digital cable. I am telling you because I have tried and wasted my time trying to make it work.
Thanks a million! I have spent a whole day struggling with the issue until I came across your post. It is really geniously simple to use the right cable!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back