i5-4670K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Nobody has run Intel HD4600 with a 4k monitor in Mojave ??

I have managed to expand the memory of the card from: 1536mb to 2048mb through Framebuffer with WatheverGreen, but there is no way to extend the resolution beyond 2560 x 1440.

Has someone got it?

I ran into the same problem. Did a Multibeast Mojave install, which was excellent BTW, but did not see the 4k resolutions available in System Preferences/Display.

So I dug into 'Intel FB-Patcher' to try to increase the framebuffer so the resolutions would be available, but I didn't succeed: various combinations of PlatformId, VRAM->2048GB, Enable HDMI20, etc. Apparently those don't really change the framebuffer memory. Then I tried tweaking the FBMem under General/VRAM Info, but that consistently caused crashes on boot. WhateverGreen is amazing tech and I really appreciate it but I just don't know how to get the framebuffer patching right.

At this point I've run out of time to fiddle with this so as a workaround I'm just using my old AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext patch from Jan 2015: Seiki 4k HD4600. Still works! :)

Edit: I fixed the problem with the latest Lilu and Whatevergreen.

Hi everyone, can someone please take a look at my situation here? I can't get anything more than 1080p on my HD4600. :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back