Contribute
Register

Intel HD4400 Mojave Problems with graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
At present I have managed to get through two reboots and the final screen I think where after restart you make choice to personalise is where I have encountered another issue. It seems a kernel panic of some kind. Can someone please help...pic attached

Attachments

• 16116842107497991444383646601754.jpg
    16116842107497991444383646601754.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 60
At present I have managed to get through two reboots and the final screen I think where after restart you make choice to personalise is where I have encountered another issue. It seems a kernel panic of some kind. Can someone please help...pic attached
you need to add your motherboard in your hardware profile as already mentioned.....

also you need to set DVMT to 64MB in your BIOS

you need to add your motherboard in your hardware profile as already mentioned.....

also you need to set DVMT to 64MB in your BIOS
I though I had updated my motherboard information, sorry.

I am unable to allocate that as there no bios settings to achieve what you have suggested. That is the reason I purchased GT 710 graphics card

Why? The /OC/Kexts folder already contained VirtualSMC.kext, which was also entered in the /OC/config.plist. So why paste a kext in to the folder. Remove the FakeSMC.kext from the /OC/kexts folder. Don't just add kexts without any understanding of what you are doing.

Feartech told you the issue was related to the Serial port being enabled. Are you sure when you changed the Serial Port Bios setting that you saved it when exiting the Bios, so it would be used on the next boot?
Sorry just read your message I am going to try what you have advised again and hopefully that would make some difference

Does the screenshot suggest there is some mismatch between plist CPU setting and GPU as it's saying failed to map device ID 0x41e8086....is that something to do with processor

Attachments

• 16116884286203608608083277657729.jpg
    16116884286203608608083277657729.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 53
Yes, that is the device ID for your Intel HD 4400 IGPU. It is saying it failed to map the device to the driver.

Did you change anything related to the IGPU in the /OC/config.plist when you added the Nvidia dGPU?

With the IGPU running a Headless framebuffer the IGPU device properties should look like this in your OC config.plist.

Screenshot 2021-01-25 at 16.15.54.png

Where device-id provides a fake device id, so your HD4400 can work.

If you can't adjust the IGPU's memory settings in the Bios then you will need to add the following, to the Device Properties shown above:

framebuffer-fbmem - Data - 00009000

Hello I have done the above settings again.

I had first used opecore usb installer without agp settings touched, but with your suggested device property config....that didn't work

Now I have build a new EFI folder using opencore again. This time I have selected agp setting where I was asked to choose between Nvidia or AMD graphic card.

I selected gt710 from drop down menu and there as well it was asked what type of iMac it is . I selected imac14'2.

I have still encountered appleacpi error. Please see the attached picture.

Do I send you zipped efi folder to inspect?

On my Mac air I can not build installer using unibeast as it does not progress for some reason

I am now becoming a bit helpless out of options

After changing the efi folder I can even get past the first installation screen, where you select the destination drive. After selecting the drive it appeared as if there's activity and progress but the whole thing crashed.

Strangely the language at this point changed to something unrecognisable ? Turkish

Any advice please

Russian language, as that is the default in the Sample.plist used when creating a new OC folder.

Yes post a copy of your new EFI folder, I will have a look at it tomorrow. As I am about to log off my machine.

Russian language, as that is the default in the Sample.plist used when creating a new OC folder.

Yes post a copy of your new EFI folder, I will have a look at it tomorrow. As I am about to log off my machine.
It must be that , my bad. I have attached the EFI folder

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1,001 bytes · Views: 49
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back