Graphics
GT 710 and HD 4400
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello community

I have managed to mackintosh my pc with following specs. It is currently running Mojave.

SPECS

System Name DESKTOP-HRG0OV4
System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
System Model HP ProDesk 400 G1 SFF
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4130 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3400 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard L02 v02.52, 25/01/2018
SMBIOS Version 2.7
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
BaseBoard Product 18E9
BaseBoard Version Not Available
Secure Boot State Off
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
INTEL HD 4400 on board graphic card

I have used Opencore method and the machine boots fine. I have got monitor connecting via DVI adaptor to HDMI. ( in the past I had tried VGA and had the same issues then as well). Also to note that a few years ago I had tried to mackintosh using Sierra and had exact same problems

I am facing following issues:

1. Screen tearing
2. Intel HD Graphics showing memory of only 7 MB ( actually it is showing the Intel HD to be 4600)
3.Images/photos stored on local drive don't load up after preview, only thumbnails are displayed

1611226086338.png

I have tried various methods including the following

Desktop HD4400 requirements:
- config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=true
- config.plist/Graphics/ig-platform-id=0x0d220003
- config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=0x04128086

I am not able to achieve the following dues to lack of options on BIOS seetings

- BIOS DVMT-prealloc 64mb
- VT-d disabled or use dart=0

Graphics Kexts used

I have, I believe inserted the following graphics related kexts
Lilu
Whatever Green
- FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext

Have attached zipped file of my EFI folder in this post.

I have watched numerous videos on youtube and have been through multiple posts here but seem to be heading no where. I feel that I am so close yet so far. Could some kind soul please help me out.

Many thanks

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    15.9 MB · Views: 259
Sorry mods, didn't mean to attract wrong attention

I have found a link. I feel that there isa section here where it talks about my iGPU type and suggests few things but unfortunately I don't know how to/where to enable them. Can some one please look and help:

In the above link under device properties it talks about an example for a desktop HD 4400 without a dGPU and no BIOS options for iGPU memory)

Can anyone help how to set it up please. Thanks

Based on the specification for your HP system - https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c04101374

I have attached a revised OC folder, for you to use with your Intel HD 4400 IGPU.

I have made the following changes to the OC folder, sub-folders and config.plist:
  1. Deleted unnecessary kexts from /OC/Kexts folder. There were too many unused Ethernet kexts and the fake-id kexts, which you shouldn't need, as your system uses a Realtek Ethernet controller and you have WhateverGreen/Lilu.kext present.
  2. Added an information kext for your SATA controllers identification
  3. Ran the 'Clean snapshot' option on your config.plist, to update the changes to the /OC/Kexts folder.
  4. Removed the 'Devices' & 'Graphics' sections from the /OC/config, as these are both Clover settings.
  5. Added the following entries to the config.plist for the Intel HD 4400 IGPU:
    • Screenshot 2021-01-22 at 19.40.33.png
  6. Reordered a few of the sections in your config.plist as they were completely out of order, compared to every other OC config.plist I have seen.
Try this OC folder in place of your current one, see what difference it makes in respect of your Intel iGPU detection and acceleration.

I would recommend you have a look at configuring your USB ports as you are lacking a USBPorts.kext or SSDT-UIAC.aml for your system. I would recommend that you follow UtterDisbelief's guide - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/the-new-beginners-guide-to-usb-port-configuration.286553/

Attachments

• OC.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 229
Hello

Many thanks for taking time and creating new OC folder. I mounted the folder using clover configurator and replace the existing OC folder with yours.

Unfortunately there is no change in the performance nor the memory size being displayed.

Can you please look into it again and help, thanks again.

Which version of OpenCore are you using?

Do you have any third-party kexts installed to /Library/Extensions or /System/Library/Extensions folder?

I still need to know if you have any third-party kexts installed to either the /L/E or /S/L/E folders, as these might be clashing with the kexts in your /OC/Kexts folder.

If you have any duplicate kexts in either of these folders, they should be removed, as any third-party kexts should be in your /EFI/OC/Kexts folder. If you remove any kexts from either of these folders make sure you Repair Permissions and Rebuild the Kext Cache, BEFORE you reboot your system. Otherwise you will mess up the prelinked kernel and your system won't boot. Iw oddly recommend you use the tool on the Utilities tab in Hackintool application to repair permissions and rebuild the kext cache.

I have recreated an OpenCore EFI folder for your HP system, using OC 0.6.5. This includes a number of patches, SSDT's and other entries that were missing from your original OC folder and config.plist, which I use in my Haswell systems. Hopefully they will work just as well in yours.

Here is a link to the Sanity Checker for the new config.plist - https://opencore.slowgeek.com/?file=haswell065yNqz8O&rs=haswell065, it came back with no errors/issues.

I have included the OC GUI option in the OC folder in place of the Picker list you previously used. Looks like the Apple boot screen.

See what this setup does for your IGPU.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    8.7 MB · Views: 142
Thanks for the help. I tried as you advised. Replaced the efi folder and rebooted the machine. Unfortunately the machine as you predicted crashed and right now I am rebuilding it using the existing bootable opencore usb drive.

Would you suggest that following reboot I replace the efi folder with yours and not change anything.

One thing I had noticed in the plist file that you had provided, under device section one value was such that you use it when igpu is only used for compute and not for driving display. Was that done purposefully?

Thanks once more

That was a mistake, sorry. I will change it to the correct setting for an IGPU to run a display.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back