Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Plus
  2. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am currently having an issue with my video freezing up after some time.

I first tried messing with different settings in the Energy Saver settings. This seemed to postpone problems, but the inevitable still happened. I experimented to see if it was just a sleep issue, so I set both Computer Sleep and Display Sleep to Never. After some time, even with the computer never sleeping, the computer will come to a complete stand still. There are two failure cases when this happens. In one, the screen is completely frozen with no movement. In the other, the screen is completely frozen, but the mouse is movable. In both cases, when this happens, the computer is completely unresponsive. The weird thing is, my Plex Media Server still functions properly.

I have scoured the forums for a solution and have not been able to come up with a fix.

I have followed this forum with all the different methods.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...tup-on-z77x-ud5h-ivy-bridge-i5-rx-560.252663/

I have tried the following:
  • config.plist configured as iMac14,2
  • config.plist configured as iMac13,2
  • Shiki.kext
  • Lilu.kext
  • IntelGraphicsFixup.kext
  • FakePCIId.kext
  • FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext
  • shikigva=1 in config.plist
  • tried missing with different darkwake settings but can’t remember all of the different ones I tried
Below is my current Hackintosh build:
  • macOS High Sierra
  • Gigabyte GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3
  • Intel i5 2500K Sandy Bridge HD3000
  • Corsair Vengeance 4 4GB DDR3 RAM
  • UH12LS29 LG BD-ROM CD-ROM DVD-ROM
Any help would be appreciated!

i ve got the same problem on intel hd3000 on dell laptop e6420. Did you manage to solve the problem?
my specs are:
High Sierra
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2430M
Intel HD 3000 (Sandy Bridge)
4 Gb RAM
config.plist configured as MacBookPro8,1
No. I have not found a fix for it and it freezes maybe every hour to every few days. I have found no exact cause. :( Let me know if you find a solution.

I am currently having an issue with my video freezing up after some time.

I first tried messing with different settings in the Energy Saver settings. This seemed to postpone problems, but the inevitable still happened. I experimented to see if it was just a sleep issue, so I set both Computer Sleep and Display Sleep to Never. After some time, even with the computer never sleeping, the computer will come to a complete stand still. There are two failure cases when this happens. In one, the screen is completely frozen with no movement. In the other, the screen is completely frozen, but the mouse is movable. In both cases, when this happens, the computer is completely unresponsive. The weird thing is, my Plex Media Server still functions properly.

I have scoured the forums for a solution and have not been able to come up with a fix.

I have followed this forum with all the different methods.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...tup-on-z77x-ud5h-ivy-bridge-i5-rx-560.252663/

I have tried the following:
  • config.plist configured as iMac14,2
  • config.plist configured as iMac13,2
  • Shiki.kext
  • Lilu.kext
  • IntelGraphicsFixup.kext
  • FakePCIId.kext
  • FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext
  • shikigva=1 in config.plist
  • tried missing with different darkwake settings but can’t remember all of the different ones I tried
Below is my current Hackintosh build:
  • macOS High Sierra
  • Gigabyte GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3
  • Intel i5 2500K Sandy Bridge HD3000
  • Corsair Vengeance 4 4GB DDR3 RAM
  • UH12LS29 LG BD-ROM CD-ROM DVD-ROM
Any help would be appreciated!
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

I also having this problem on my hack specs in my profile..
It randomly freeze, its unpredictable freeze.. sometime freeze even with very light load
I dont know what exactly cause this issue

So this problem persisted and I was never able to find a direct fix for using integrated graphics. I updated lilu.kext to the latest version and while it bought me some more time, it still prolonged the inevitable and the computer would still freeze under heavy load or after idle use for 2-3 days. I also updated WhateverGreen.kext to the latest and the problem still persisted. I ended up fixing this problem by installing an Nvidia GeForce GT 730 2 GB. Mac OS High Sierra recognized it right away without any config.plist modifications needed. I had it running for over two weeks before I updated the PC to Mac OS Mojave since I could now update to Mojave since the video card supports metal (I was stuck on High Sierra since Mojave didn't support the integrated graphics of my CPU).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back