Contribute
Register

Intel HD3000 Not working on 10.7.3 and GA-H61N-USB3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am afraid you will have to use a card b/c people with that board have wanton issues trying to enable full HD3000. This mobo is known to be troublesome for HD3000.

EDITED

I found a fix, so I'll stop complaining. Maybe this should be listed somewhere for people to know. The HD3000 works just fine on the H61N... Just don't use the VGA port. Use DVI or HDMI (I switched to DVI and it works just fine now)...

victord33 said:
EDITED

I found a fix, so I'll stop complaining. Maybe this should be listed somewhere for people to know. The HD3000 works just fine on the H61N... Just don't use the VGA port. Use DVI or HDMI (I switched to DVI and it works just fine now)...

The HDMI and DVI ports are what you are suppose to use.

Skeckulous said:
Is that expressly stated anywhere?

ALL over the forum. If you are looking to use the HD3000 you need to be on either port.

In various threads or in the major tutorials and beginning of threads?
I think people assume all the info is readily accessible but often it's in some thread that has 200+ replies.
Just curious because I've spent hours upon hours on reading various threads on the forum and did not find it until already having had that problem.

Well, real macs don't have VGA pinouts. For example the mac mini by Apple has HDMI but can support DVI through a HDMI --DVI adapter. Notice no VGA?? Apple doesn't support VGA.

In addition, I know there is a lot of threads with nuggets of information but others always point them out sometimes to others who fail to realize this information.

vmgosx said:
Had to give up on this. Using modified next resulted in HD3000 to be very unstable. I was also able to force the resolution I wanted using Graphics Mode setting at boot, but then I was welcomed to the screen by a massive amount of noise on the screen. After reading all the posts with regards to artifacts showing up with HD 3000, I decided to unjust my old NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT. Using NvEnabler64, this thing worked like a charm on the first try.

I'll be trying to get a DSDT file for GA-H61N-USB3 on bios version F7, I will try HD3000 again at that time. I was hoping not to use a video card as I don't do gaming and preferred to use my only PCI-e slot to put a SATA card to get 6Gb/s out of my hard drive and not settle for 3 Gb/s that this board just gives.
My understanding is if you are not using SATA III SSD, you will not see the difference in speed on drives read/write speeds.
And in my tests with BlackMagic, there is little if any difference.
So no reason not to use for video card. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back