Contribute
Register

Intel HD Graphics Framebuffer Edits - Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
HD4600+/HD4000/HD3000 Framebuffer Edits

Hi Toledo, thanks for all your hard work
I'm working on my first build and was trying to use Storks thread( http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...ifi-using-hd4600-no-graphics-card-needed.html )
as a backbone for the threads closer to my build failed me with the boot after install and he pointed me here for the graphics fail
the build is :
ASUS z97 hero VII 10.9.4 with Intel Core i7-4790K Processor

I failed to get the IOReg prior to install, I had not read that part yet I apologize

However, after installing Mavericks and reseting it(with -v -x) and then running multibeast and the kexts I may have installed the wrong framebuffer. I was wondering if I had to do a fresh install and format the ssd to correct the boot fail and if that may be related and or bypassed. I tried the boot flags regarding graphics etc
this is where it stops loading IMG_0048.jpg
thanks for your time.

In case anyone runs into the same issues I had,
this got me back to desktop and was tons of help
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...lags-igpenabler-igplatformid-igpdeviceid.html
Using " -x IGPlatformID=0d220003" I was able to get into the desktop. Unfortunatly the iOjones isn't finding the appleintelframebufferazul just the apple display from the GFX search. I'll post the shots to morrow. :)

I tried reinstalling the kext using kext utility for the Framebufferazul kext but it didnt fix anything.
Way off topic. You have an install problem. The native framebuffer works for installs.

Way off topic. You have an install problem. The native framebuffer works for installs.

So I shouldn't need this to access the desktop without any boot flags with my build without a graphics card?

Question: if my motherboard only has VGA, DVI, and HDMI ports, can I only ever drive at most 2 monitors using the integrated graphics? My goal is to use HD4600 on those 3 ports for triple monitors. Or at least VGA+DVI for video and HDMI audio.

Is that configuration possible? Or do I need a mobo with DisplayPort and then use a cable adapter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back